Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 05:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times

Advertisements

The Las Vegas Valley isn't that large and i've seen aerial photos of the Valley and their really isn't much land available for growth,so do you think Las Vegas should continue growing upwards or continue building Satellite Communities like Coyote Springs or maybe start growing Southward toward the California State Line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2006, 05:24 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,336 times
I moved to Las Vegas over 9 years ago and people were saying the same thing then. Back then they were talking about the "ring around the valley" to contain growth. I think it will continue to grow and spread out beyond the valley. There is no "belt around the valley" as they once wanted. It will continue to spread. Looks what's happened at Red Rock? When I moved there people were not living out by Red Rock and now there are so many houses going out that way. It will continue to sprawl, in my opinion.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
With land limited in The LV Valley and growth continuing,i'm sure they will find land to develop elsewhere,but it will be a bit of a long commute for people working in The LV Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
I moved to Las Vegas over 9 years ago and people were saying the same thing then. Back then they were talking about the "ring around the valley" to contain growth. I think it will continue to grow and spread out beyond the valley. There is no "belt around the valley" as they once wanted. It will continue to spread. Looks what's happened at Red Rock? When I moved there people were not living out by Red Rock and now there are so many houses going out that way. It will continue to sprawl, in my opinion.

Old 11-18-2006, 05:47 AM

The land isn't that limited... you can just drive down the freeway and get to open land, still a fairly short commute to the strip for work. Sprawl... that's what will happen in Las Vegas. I've seen it already from now compared to 10 years ago. The city is sprawling and will continue to. There's plenty of land all around that valley and with some freeway access it's no trouble...

Old 11-19-2006, 04:57 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
I'd like to see the day Las Vegas runs out of room for growth. Give me a break! There are hundreds of miles of open desert out there! This is like asking "Is Barstow running out of land?" Do people really think growth stops just because there is a hill in the way? As long as you can build a road to wherever it is, the city can continue to grow and grow and grow!

Old 11-19-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'd like to see the day Las Vegas runs out of room for growth. Give me a break! There are hundreds of miles of open desert out there! !
Exactly what I was saying. There is so much open space around there that running out of room isn't even a worry. Not in the slightest.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:34 PM

351 posts, read 837,044 times
And now no one is concerned any longer about land-who needs more land when then there's no need for further construction.

(Hi MadMan)

Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
The Las Vegas Valley isn't that large and i've seen aerial photos of the Valley and their really isn't much land available for growth,so do you think Las Vegas should continue growing upwards or continue building Satellite Communities like Coyote Springs or maybe start growing Southward toward the California State Line?
LOL, sorry this just makes me laugh when I pass so much open desert while I'm driving around.

If anything I think the limiting factor is water, not land.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
Problem solved.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:13 PM

89 posts, read 232,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
LOL, sorry this just makes me laugh when I pass so much open desert while I'm driving around.

If anything I think the limiting factor is water, not land.
Exactly. With all the challenges we are facing, land is most definitely NOT one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas