Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 10:53 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,479,382 times

Advertisements

Ah. I didn't think the developer would still be in control so much latter. That's a problem. That would be a big thing to consider when buying a house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvansan View Post
There are 5 HOA Board Members. 3 are appointed by the developer(s) and 2 are elected by the homeowners. My understanding is the NV Legislators increased the % of sold homes to 90% from 75% before the HOA is turned over to the homeowners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 04:53 PM

162 posts, read 242,282 times
Yes, it is a big impact on the experience living in a certain place. This HOA makes me regret the purchase of my home and I am already thinking of my exit strategy.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:56 PM

They control the entire development and then some areas have a second HOA. They must defer to the primary HOA first.

Yes, apparently there was a change from 75% to 90%.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM

848 posts, read 648,249 times
Quote:
They control the entire development and then some areas have a second HOA. They must defer to the primary HOA first.

Yes, apparently there was a change from 75% to 90%.
Were the CC&Rs changed? What percentage of the units is controlled by residents?

Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Were the CC&Rs changed? What percentage of the units is controlled by residents?

Resident minority (2/5 Board members) = 0% control. Now perhaps you will get it. Don't move into a HOA community where the profit makers (developers) are in control.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Resident minority (2/5 Board members) = 0% control. Now perhaps you will get it. Don't move into a HOA community where the profit makers (developers) are in control.
I understand all of that very well which is why I moved into a community where the residents control the HOA. You still have not answered my questions with regard to whether the CC&Rs were changed and what percentage of the units in the community is controlled by the residents at this time.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 AM

I believe I said 0% is controlled by the home owners.
0 % of the units controlled by the residents since they only have ownership of 40% of voting board members and Olympia Management has 60% of the vote. I don't know if the CC&R were changed from when the first home was built.
I understand they passed 75% of the homes are sold and they need 90% before Olympia Management leaves the scene.

Now, I am bored with this thread.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I believe I said 0% is controlled by the home owners.
0 % of the units controlled by the residents since they only have ownership of 40% of voting board members and Olympia Management has 60% of the vote. I don't know if the CC&R were changed from when the first home was built.
I understand they passed 75% of the homes are sold and they need 90% before Olympia Management leaves the scene.

Now, I am bored with this thread.
This makes no sense. Control means owned by the residents for the purposes of this discussion. If 75% or more of the units (i.e., homes and undeveloped lots) are no longer controlled by the developer, then it would seem that control should be passing to the residents. Where are you getting the 90% figure with regard to the management company? While I understand the Board is currently under developer control, the selection of a management company typically has no relation to the number of units controlled by the developer. The Board should issue an RFP, get sealed bids, review the bids at a meeting, and then select a vendor.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 PM

Again, and this is getting very boring, the state of NV made this decision on how many homes the developers have e to sell before the HOA transfers to the residents. Thake your disbelief to the NV Legislature who makes these regulations.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Again, and this is getting very boring, the state of NV made this decision on how many homes the developers have e to sell before the HOA transfers to the residents. Thake your disbelief to the NV Legislature who makes these regulations.
Please cite the specific statute or piece of legislation which changed NRS 116 and/or the community's governing documents. I cited NRS 116 from the State of Nevada Web site, and I do not see anything referencing 90%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas