Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 10:13 AM

52 posts, read 203,778 times

Advertisements

Moving out there in 2 weeks, We are coming with absolutely no furniture at all. We decided it was more cost efficient to sell it all here and just start over when we get out there. We checked out RC Willey when we were there a month ago, Did not like it. We are not looking for IKEA furniture either. Can you please give me some suggestions of places to go look.

not looking for used furniture. More than likely looking for leather sectional since we have 2 large dogs and have always had good luck with leather.

thanks

Last edited by twoeeyy; 05-27-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 10:15 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Colleen's Consignment.

You'll find some gently used furniture that is perfectly acceptable.

You'll also find some brand-new designer items that they bought from Las Vegas Market wholesale showrooms. This is pretty high end stuff.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:51 AM

799 posts, read 708,396 times
Colleen's is a great tip. Some good stuff for reasonable prices. (a fair share of junk too)

Walkers furniture can have some good deals, but be prepared for the "used car" salesman approach: when you walk in, a sales person accosts you, then proceeds to shadow you around the entire store, with constant interruptions. You should always ask for more discounts, or if they balk at that, ask for them to include the tax.

Ashley furniture has some "ok" deals, but we've never won their lottery, and found it in stock, usually at least a two week to a month wait. You can often find their furniture in other stores (like walker) cheaper, and in stock if you look closely. Plan to bargain here too. their delivery charges are nuts, so that's a great area to work down.

Big lots has the occasional decent piece (good for guest rooms, etc) at good prices. Just have to be careful.

We've never bought anything from rcwilley yet, but they have a 12 month delivery program, where you pay one price, then anything you buy after that is delivered free for 12 months.

We bought a sectional from an independent furniture store over near the walmart by rainbow at the 215. Price was good, usa made, and quick delvery for a special order.

We've been in some other smaller shops, but have no experience with them.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:35 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,581,794 times
What? Nobody here going to pimp for Ikea?

Old 05-27-2016, 11:44 AM

621 posts, read 538,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
What? Nobody here going to pimp for Ikea?
OP explicitly said he wasn't interested in IKEA furniture.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
you are correct, the merchandise at RCWilley is garbage. In the mail, you will receive alot of advertisements. In those, there are the furniture hawkers... exactly the same as RCWilley at 1/3rd the price. Even the clearance center is a joke.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:10 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,241 times
When we moved we didn't want to bring our old couches either. We found one we liked at both Walker Furniture and also the same at Ashley Furniture. We also found the same couch brand online for significantly less. Ultimately though we bought the same exact couch off craigslist and had an inexpensive delivery truck firm (who's name we got from Costco) bring it to us.

On a side note we found the best leather cleaner and conditioner was not Lexol but Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner and conditioner and the cheapest place to buy it is in the automotive section of Walmart. They have the Lexol too but I preferred Meguiars. I think due to the dry climate here one needs to treat the leather more often to keep it from drying out.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:23 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Online here has some people selling furniture out of big private warehouses or mattresses bought in bulk wholesale and wrapped in plastic for sale from storage units as their side business. We've been to look at pieces at a few of these types of places as there are some reasonable deals. I've gorgeous floor length mirrors two for $10 from one place. The same items at Ross would be $50+.

Otherwise I like the style of Pier One and Cost Plus/World Market/Pottery Barn/West Elm. You can find their stuff at DownEast Home & Clothing in Henderson on considerable discount.

I see Kmart/Walmart/Target are all competing with IKEA now. They also offer a wide selection on their online sites to browse that you can find similar items to at the above mentioned furniture places in prior posts. Craigslist introduced us to furniture places on Spring MTN area I think it was that had what you're looking for and for less. Though if you think what RC Willy has is rubbish then maybe you'd like Zgallerie.

Last edited by Merrily Gather; 05-27-2016 at 03:31 PM..

Old 05-27-2016, 05:37 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,007 times
Are you certain you don't want to consider IKEA? The KIVIK is extremely comfortable and versatile. You can turn it into a sectional or a separate couch and love seat. You can also adjust it for the size of your unit by adding or subtracting a piece. They also offer a chaise attachment. Plus with dogs you can strip all the covers off the structure and wash them or completely change the color of your couch if you want a different look. They offer several different colors for it so if you decide on a sage color and after six months want to change it to red it's as easy as changing the bed. Well, except that you have to take the arms on and off, but it's so easy to take apart and put back together.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
We've had good luck in the past with Ashley furniture and RC Willey. I do not think RC Willey's stuff is crap. But lately, the last year or so when furniture shopping, the styles have been lacking in my opinion. Most things they were offering were too dark. I like lighter colors.
Ikea has a few items that look ok, but none of their couches were appealing. Hopefully that will change later on. The chairs, yes, I liked several. The dining tables are nice as well.

What about the furniture rental places? Try that and then take your time and find what you really want. The same goes for housing. Rent first, buy later AFTER you get to know the neighborhoods much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas