Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 AM

390 posts, read 755,763 times

Advertisements

Check out Lone Mountain (on edge of Henderson), most 3 bedroom homes are under 200K. No Hoa. Nice area ....small lots tho. Alexander and Craig. Some homes within a stones throw are millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 01:52 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Check out Lone Mountain (on edge of Henderson), most 3 bedroom homes are under 200K. No Hoa. Nice area ....small lots tho. Alexander and Craig. Some homes within a stones throw are millions.
Lone Mtn is not on the edge of Henderson. Did you mean Summerlin?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:42 AM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
NLVgal, yes, my bad. On the edge of Summerlin. What was I thinking, (senior moment).

Old 06-18-2016, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,581 times
I would suggest you check with a realtor and have them provide you options that have no HOA. They can filter on that and give you plenty of options. I know I looked at 90 properties in the last 2 months that had no HOA.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
NLVgal, yes, my bad. On the edge of Summerlin. What was I thinking, (senior moment).
I like that area, too. A couple of our regular posters live in that area. I'm a little further North, as far as my house, but my in-laws owned a place just off of Lone Mtn. and I loved it.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:44 AM

645 posts, read 707,115 times
got a hoa violation notice and it said "As of the date of this correspondence, we are not aware of any
bankruptcy proceeding which lists you as a debtor and/or that lists your property as an asset of a bankruptcy estate."

I guess if you don't pay HOA fine they can put your house up for sale?! is that it?

weird thing is the letter says I got 21 days to correct it, so it's not over 21 days and I always corrected violations and never had a fine before. violation letter before didn't have such severe wording before! so scary.

I did have the same violation 5 months ago, corrected it right away. then this current one is the same nature as last one so maybe they got serious. letter also said if you don't correct it you will get fined xxxx per week, and if it's a continuing violation there is will additional fines

They always give you some time to correct the violation right? won't just fine you right away.

letter also said "If the compliance issue is considered a matter of Health,
Safety and Welfare the Board may impose whatever fine amount the Board deems to be commensurate with the severity of the violation." man that sounds serious, it's just yard not maintained and a little overgrown. Have you guys get letters like that before? sounds like they can fine you whatever much they want, wow?!

I thought HOA just make sure every house looks good and no violations, other than that they dont' have authority and power on other things right? this debtor/bankruptcy kind of scares me!

Last edited by LVguy; 08-03-2016 at 08:03 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
got a hoa violation notice and it said "As of the date of this correspondence, we are not aware of any
bankruptcy proceeding which lists you as a debtor and/or that lists your property as an asset of a bankruptcy estate."

I guess if you don't pay HOA fine they can put your house up for sale?! is that it?

weird thing is the letter says I got 21 days to correct it, so it's not over 21 days and I always corrected violations and never had a fine before. violation letter before didn't have such severe wording before! so scary.

I did have the same violation 5 months ago, corrected it right away. then this current one is the same nature as last one so maybe they got serious. letter also said if you don't correct it you will get fined xxxx per week, and if it's a continuing violation there is will additional fines

They always give you some time to correct the violation right? won't just fine you right away.

Safety and Welfare the Board may impose whatever fine amount the Board deems to be commensurate with the severity of the violation." man that sounds serious, it's just yard not maintained and a little overgrown. Have you guys get letters like that before? sounds like they can fine you whatever much they want, wow?!

I thought HOA just make sure every house looks good and no violations, other than that they dont' have authority and power on other things right? this debtor/bankruptcy kind of scares me!
Dude, it sounds like they are going to slap a lien on your home. Yes, they can and will do that.

Consult an attorney and rectify whatever they are complaining about.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:12 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Green valley.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:05 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:

Read here for the rules. :

Nevada HOA Foreclosures | Nolo.com

Quote:
... They always give you some time to correct the violation right? won't just fine you right away.
Ask the HOA if there is a grace period.

Quote:
Safety and Welfare the Board may impose whatever fine amount the Board deems to be commensurate with the severity of the violation." man that sounds serious, it's just yard not maintained and a little overgrown.
What you describe does not sound like a health/safety issue. Typically, a health/safety issue would be something like an abandoned swimming pool with no filtration/chlorine so it is a breeding ground for mosquitos.

Quote:
The HOA rules are called CC&Rs -- "Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions." Get a copy & read them.

You can get them from the HOA. The HOA might charge you for a copy.

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 08-03-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 10:24 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,030,668 times
Quote:
The HOA rules are called CC&Rs -- "Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions." Get a copy & read them.
The governing documents include:

◦ Declaration (CC&Rs)
◦ Bylaws
◦ Rules

You should read them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas