Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 05:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
More coming starting in August IMO. Plus the Obama policies and Democrat laws bullied through the Congress and Senate should create lots of new foreclosed homes and an extended recession for a long time to come. Enjoy! :-)
I agree. The policies and laws being pushed forth are designed to bring this country to it's knees. Unless you work for the government, there is no job growth, only job loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 06:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
More coming starting in August IMO. Plus the Obama policies and Democrat laws bullied through the Congress and Senate should create lots of new foreclosed homes and an extended recession for a long time to come. Enjoy! :-)

Simply untrue. The system is quite incapable of handling any large rise in REOs.

If there should be an increase it will be of the order of 10 or 20% per month. The market will eat that for the rest of the year I would think

Old 07-11-2009, 06:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Simply untrue. The system is quite incapable of handling any large rise in REOs.

If there should be an increase it will be of the order of 10 or 20% per month. The market will eat that for the rest of the year I would think
Olecapt, this is not government as usual. Expect to see some shocking developments.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:

The system had better adapt or the banks will have even greater losses.

If there is a market and the banks can't get them out there more than a trickle at a time, then they are going to go under themselves.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
The system had better adapt or the banks will have even greater losses.

If there is a market and the banks can't get them out there more than a trickle at a time, then they are going to go under themselves.

Guys...I keep telling you how it is.

And you keep telling me it is not...

You can't win this argument.

Is is...whatever Clinton may say...

Old 07-12-2009, 01:19 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,050 times
Quote:
Guys...I keep telling you how it is.

And you keep telling me it is not...
You told everyone time was running out in 2008. Things only got worse. Much worse. With just a single day left in the month of May, you told everyone that month would show a price increase over April. It did not. June was flat as well. You've told everyone for weeks that REO inventory was running out. Now you say they have stabilized. As in REOs are coming online just as quick as they are being sold.

You're not telling people how it is. You're telling them how you think it is. The two conditions are quite frequently very different.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
You told everyone time was running out in 2008. Things only got worse. Much worse. With just a single day left in the month of May, you told everyone that month would show a price increase over April. It did not. June was flat as well. You've told everyone for weeks that REO inventory was running out. Now you say they have stabilized. As in REOs are coming online just as quick as they are being sold.

You're not telling people how it is. You're telling them how you think it is. The two conditions are quite frequently very different.

I quote reality. I show the statistics. You then counter with your often flawed opinions. Watch the charts in my blog. That is the reality...not what you would like it to be.

We are into a strong Seller's market...with stable pricing. That tends to demonstrate the artificality of the present market. It is manipulated by the sellers. But even with all their leverage the lenders can no longer drive it lower.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:50 AM

RJ articles this AM of interest...

On Lake Las Vegas

Lake Las Vegas residents keep confidence despite bankruptcy - Business - ReviewJournal.com

On getting stranded in Mountain's Edge, near Aliante, NW

UNCERTAIN OUTLOOK: Recession strands some homeowners in partially built communities - Living - ReviewJournal.com

Nothing deep or anything. But a warning to be wary of those places not completed.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,449,050 times
Quote:
I quote reality. I show the statistics. You then counter with your often flawed opinions. Watch the charts in my blog. That is the reality...not what you would like it to be.

We are into a strong Seller's market...with stable pricing. That tends to demonstrate the artificality of the present market. It is manipulated by the sellers. But even with all their leverage the lenders can no longer drive it lower.
The reality is that you were wrong about May showing a price increase over April. The reality is that you were telling people 16 months ago that time was running out. Statistics are fine but its your conclusions that are sorely lacking.

You've been wrong for so long, that the market must be subject to price manipulation.[/tinfoil hat]

Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
The reality is that you were wrong about May showing a price increase over April. The reality is that you were telling people 16 months ago that time was running out. Statistics are fine but its your conclusions that are sorely lacking.

You've been wrong for so long, that the market must be subject to price manipulation.[/tinfoil hat]

The reality iis you keep trying to find gnits to harp on while ignoring what is going on.

It is still a bottom...get over it. Neither you nor I get a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas