Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,014,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Well last April would have really been a nice time to buy. For April yoy SFR median price is up 30.6% and mean is up 34.3%.
That's when I closed, April 26th! Got a great price, now prices are up in the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM

327 posts, read 446,260 times
Default Local RE agent radio ad

Has anyone heard this radio ad? I think it's new.

Local RE agent, won't identify himself because he promises to sell your home for more than it's worth. He only gives his phone number.

He says he doesn't want potential buyers to know who he is so they won't be put off by his promise to swindle them.

A new low.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 PM

207 posts, read 508,596 times
This place is great entertainment. I come for the comedy.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
Has anyone heard this radio ad? I think it's new.

Local RE agent, won't identify himself because he promises to sell your home for more than it's worth. He only gives his phone number.

He says he doesn't want potential buyers to know who he is so they won't be put off by his promise to swindle them.

A new low.
That really isn't low at all. The seller's agent is SUPPOSED to get as much as possible for the seller. That's their job. If this realtor can actually deliver, than he is a superb agent and likely worth his 3%.

It's not swindling. It's getting the most possible money for their clients. But again, if he delivers.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Default I guess you had to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegarlic View Post
This place is great entertainment. I come for the comedy.
Me, too but perhaps I haven't reached the level of sophistication it takes to post on City-Data.

------------

Of course. I guess you had to hear it.

The gleeful delivery of "more than it's worth" was what I found distasteful. Hell, we sold our last house (2006) for way more than I thought it was worth, at my price, which was significantly higher than my own realtor's opinion. Of course a buyer's agent's job should be to get you the best price.

"Come to me and I'll help you rip someone off" is not a good pitch, even in real estate. Why wouldn't prospective buyers find this offensive?

Last edited by Tarara Boomdea; 05-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: re-thunk

Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
I keep thinking about the question of how many delinquencies are out there waiting to be foreclosed on, and especially how many are empty. I don't know if the banks report the delinquency numbers.

But there is one number that would be interesting and it should be out there. That one is tax delinquencies. An abandoned property is not going to be having it's taxes paid, and should be showing on in the county's tax delinquency roll. I took a shot at the Clark County Treasure's page to see if I could find anything, but I couldn't.

Does anyone know how to find this number (latest count of tax delinquencies)?

Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
Hell, we sold our last house (2006) for way more than I thought it was worth, at my price, which was significantly higher than my own realtor's opinion. Of course a buyer's agent's job should be to get you the best price.
I think a good bit of locals took advantage of that opportunity as well in mid 2000. I have a couple people close to me out here that did very well by selling before the crash. We just seem to never hear from these people as much as the people didn't sell in time.

Still think it's too early to make moves like that again.

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Default Disturbing

Hedge Fund Obtains $2.1 B Loan to Buy SFRs

A little old - Mar 27

Quote:
Blackstone may all but eliminate any opportunity for the small real estate investor to make money in 2013 and 2014. One Blackstone representative said to a real estate investor friend of mine in California that they were going to put, "all of the little guys out of business."

Are you a real estate investor who buys single family homes in one of the markets that Blackstone will be targeting over the next few years? Because this information has not been disclosed or readily available, I suggest doing your homework and making sure you aren't one of those who become a victim of Blackstone, the new "Darth Vader" of the real estate market.

Last edited by Tarara Boomdea; 05-06-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
Hook up with some infill lots, and put up a few houses. Sell them to Blackstone. If someone is buying, sell.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Default Comments on above article

Survey: Nevada leads U.S. in home price gains | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Nevertheless, people are skeptical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas