Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 04:03 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,554,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually agents care about velocity...that is the total amount of money flowing. There is no reason why Agents would prefer higher prices unless volume stays up to. Given the existing scenario most would probably prefer more volume at a lower price.

I would personally like to see prices a little higher than now primarily so that replacement cost and resale price is in rough agreement. You get weird and unhealthy markets when homes sell for 15 or 20% less than their replacement value...which is where we are now. And that desire is more as a general citizen and homeowner rather than as an RE Agent.
Are the builders making any real money selling new homes in this market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 04:32 AM

295 posts, read 362,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
So you are saying for a home that rents for $1000, offer $96000? And people say I'm delusional! At least there was humor..
Ok, he said for investment, you need to make some money after expenses and if the market does not cooporae no need for it,

BTW, there are condos in Green Valley Ranch worth around $100,000 are renting for $900/Month

Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 AM

743 posts, read 968,878 times
after taxes, HOA and upkeep, not much left for the investor.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragabnh View Post
Ok, he said for investment, you need to make some money after expenses and if the market does not cooporae no need for it,

BTW, there are condos in Green Valley Ranch worth around $100,000 are renting for $900/Month
You are forgetting about expenses (hoa, etc). Nothing left for the investor.... In my opinion, condos are not the way to go for investment

Old 03-12-2014, 08:26 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Missed aardogs response, he is right on the money

Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post

This past weekend, one of my kids took me with them on their house hunting journey. They are looking for a new home. We went to a community up in the new Northwest area, a master plan type place called Providence. We were in the sales office of a community, don't remember the name of it but the builder was Ryland.

Very, very busy traffic in and out of the sales office. Same thing with a community we were at up in the farthest points of Summerlin, called the Paseos, along West Charleston. THAT sales office was so busy we had to wait a minute or two just to get in the Sales Center door!

Granted, a lot of people just like going in and looking at model homes and have no intention of buying and are not serious.

Both both sales centers we were at, we heard enough discussion going on that it seemed like some of the people coming in were serious and not just the "let's look at the model home" types.

In the Paseo's (sorry I don't remember the name of the new community) prices started at around $384,000 for a basic builder, no upgrade home

In the Providence area, the houses all decked out with lots of upgrades around $265,000 - $300,000

But my gosh, both new home communities, the houses are so close together with hardly any yard at all!

Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:

The new home prices are high and the builders charge you for every little thing. I think these new home builders are making plenty of profit.

IMO, a used home in a good area that doesn't need too much changing to suit your tastes is a better value.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:56 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,554,150 times
Don't forget, 3/13 is the last day to pay your property taxes without a penalty.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Don't forget, 3/13 is the last day to pay your property taxes without a penalty.

I go downtown and pay it in person, did that on Monday. Hardly anybody there. In and out.

Today, being like you said, the last day to pay without penalty, the line to pay in person will be out the door, lol

Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,910,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
I go downtown and pay it in person, did that on Monday. Hardly anybody there. In and out.

Today, being like you said, the last day to pay without penalty, the line to pay in person will be out the door, lol
Can you
Pay in person with a credit card without fees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas