Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:05 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Culture View Post
cjski21 just proves that the police are just armed thugs for crooked politicians.

Thank you. But I make nowhere near what my crooked counterparts make. Don't throw stones my way, you don't know me. Live by the laws and I won't bother you. I took an oath to protect you and I take it seriously. I know how most of the public feels about what I do for a living, but just wait till you need us. We will be there no matter what you have said about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoer53 View Post
I am confident it would be unconstitutional to stop a vehicle merely because it bears an out of state plate. If there is, in fact, an existing policy to that effect, regardless of who issue it, the ACLU needs to challenge it. Please don't deride me because I believe in preserving the US Constitution. These are our rights and if we stop standing up for them the US will become a police state. Think about it.
Don't shoot the messenger. It is wrong for anyone to use the services that my state provides to CITIZENS and not pay for them.

Never have I pulled someone over just for out of state plates. the stop is initiated by something else and the plates are just in addition to.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. It is wrong for anyone to use the services that my state provides to CITIZENS and not pay for them.

Never have I pulled someone over just for out of state plates. the stop is initiated by something else and the plates are just in addition to.
Glad you cleared that up.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM

9 posts, read 29,242 times
In Detroit, the cops don't mess with out of state plate folk. In the suburbes, the cops are more affraid and they pull over Micky Mouse traffic violators like the cops hear in vegas. It's safer for them and sucks more money in. So if a cop would go after violent criminals instead of pulling over minor TV's, we would all be safer. All cops should do a stint in Det., Philly or Chi. and see how a real cop is supposed to act like.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:39 PM

150 posts, read 636,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkbean View Post
To just stop a car for having out of state plates in completely bogus imo. I'm pregnant and my sister is coming to stay with me for about a month when the baby comes this summer...guess what, she is driving from Louisiana with her Louisiana plates...she'll be having to drive in the "local areas" because that's where I live. I'll be damned if she gets stopped and gets a ticket just for going to the store for me. That's not fair. It really isn't. And I have my NV license and plates, so I can complain if I want to.
LOL! Stopping a car in a tourist town because it has out of town plates!!! rtflmao...

Most plate cheaters have CA plates anyway and they make up most the tourists and so many people move here, I sometimes rarely see a local plate in the newer areas and whos to say you aren't visiting someone in town?

LVMPD cant even get control over the speeders and red light runners, why the heck would they put effort into plates?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:49 PM

9 posts, read 29,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
hmmmm Quite possibly they should have stayed home if they didn't wanna play the game legally.......if you are gonna work here....pay your dues or leave.
So the tons and tons of illegals that loiter all over the streets of the "nicer neighborhoods, and crapier neighborhoods, well their just everywhere." Are OK...with you?....Are they playing the game legally, paying their dues, taxes or are they working for you? And taking your children and grandchildren's job now and in the future.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathon View Post
So the tons and tons of illegals that loiter all over the streets of the "nicer neighborhoods, and crapier neighborhoods, well their just everywhere." Are OK...with you?....Are they playing the game legally, paying their dues, taxes or are they working for you? And taking your children and grandchildren's job now and in the future.
DUDE.....what ARE you smokin?????? where did my post even sugGEST anything about illegals? Or is this just another vain attempt to hijack a thread and blast the illegals? [and I happen to TOTALLY against illegals aliens having ANY rights other then a free trip to Mexicali.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
DUDE.....what ARE you smokin?????? where did my post even sugGEST anything about illegals? Or is this just another vain attempt to hijack a thread and blast the illegals? [and I happen to TOTALLY against illegals aliens having ANY rights other then a free trip to Mexicali.
Hey careful Dyn...we will all end up having to wash our own dishes at virtually every local restaurant. That is tough duty.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:02 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
I have 2 words for that Capt........paper plates?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
Quote:
I have 2 words for that Capt........paper plates?
LOL, That was great!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas