Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:11 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

the is in Las Vegas is SELECTIVLY "too hot or too cold" for kids.....dependoing on what chores they have to do outside.....BUT that's good cause it leaves an opening for my "I walked uphill 5 miles in the snow to school.....both ways" speach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 04:33 PM

38 posts, read 139,688 times
I can not wait to feel the heat of a Vegas summer. Here in MA we can get up to 100deg - three days of 90+ is considered a heatwave. Mostly it is upper 80s I think - but we get the humidity and it is horrible. We have a pool, but humid days we are in the house for the most part anyway. It might as well be 120, right?

And right now it is drizzling and 35deg. And it is SPRING!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,438 times
I know, I know, I'm dredging up an old post, but better than just starting a new one covering the same subject, right?

I am looking for more things to do with the children, over 3 and under the age of 6.

Specifically, I saw a new indoor play place opening on Craig Road, near Cannery Row, BUT can't remember the name of the place. Any one seen the white pick up truck with the website address on it? Or seen the place on Craig and remember the name?

Thanks

Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Well, there is always Chuck E. Cheese & Mini Grand Prix. Another indoor place for younger kids is Childs' Play but I think they charge too much.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
I know, I know, I'm dredging up an old post, but better than just starting a new one covering the same subject, right?

I am looking for more things to do with the children, over 3 and under the age of 6.

Specifically, I saw a new indoor play place opening on Craig Road, near Cannery Row, BUT can't remember the name of the place. Any one seen the white pick up truck with the website address on it? Or seen the place on Craig and remember the name?

Thanks
Can't remember the name either, but it is like Bounce U with the Trampolines. I do not think it is open yet. I am going to drive by today and see. I can not wait for it to open to take my 5 year old!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:23 PM

CEC can get mobbed. We went on Valentines Day and there was a line to wait to get in. Who would have figured that a Sunday night would be so busy?

Child's Play was okay, but definitely expensive when you have 2 kids.

I'm anxious to find out about the place on Craig. Finally something on the North side of town. Seems the only other options are in Henderson or near the airport.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM

The place on Craig isn't open yet. I stopped by and they were shooting for March 15th, BUT now it looks more like maybe the end of the month. Its a HUGE warehouse. The frame for the trampoline, largest I have ever seen, was almost finished. Its like a very large oval wok.

You can see info @

Flip N Out Jump Center

Old 03-10-2010, 08:53 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Sign them up for gymnastics or dance. Go For It USA is run by very nice people. I did a lot of work with them when I worked for the State. Go For It USA Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheer, Tae Kwon Do, Camp, Parties

But there are others. Just Google: Gymnastics Las Vegas.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,837,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Sign them up for gymnastics or dance. Go For It USA is run by very nice people. I did a lot of work with them when I worked for the State. Go For It USA Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheer, Tae Kwon Do, Camp, Parties

But there are others. Just Google: Gymnastics Las Vegas.
I vote for Tae Kwon Do. It is great exercise, fun and teaches discipline. Both my daughters and I go several times a week. Last fall we entered a tournament. Both my girls got gold and bronze metals and I got two bronze metals. At my age (and weight), I spend half of my time watching due to injuries. Neither of my girls have been injured beyond a few bruises.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I vote for Tae Kwon Do. It is great exercise, fun and teaches discipline. Both my daughters and I go several times a week. Last fall we entered a tournament. Both my girls got gold and bronze metals and I got two bronze metals. At my age (and weight), I spend half of my time watching due to injuries. Neither of my girls have been injured beyond a few bruises.
I like to tae one on myself now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas