Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 12:04 AM

929 posts, read 399,102 times

Advertisements

I'm exploring all kinds of option to maximize my profit for when I sell my house. Anyone have any experience with of any of the above? Obviously, you have the traditional way of doing things but if I can get more money even if I pay just a bit more but with zero hassles related to selling a home, I'd go for it. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 09:25 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,042,814 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...offer-pad.html

Search RE Forum. Also, this thread belongs in RE Forum. Good Luck.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:03 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...offer-pad.html

Search RE Forum. Also, this thread belongs in RE Forum. Good Luck.
I think I shut that thread down.

Worked one a few weeks ago. In fact one where the concept breaks. Open door does not work in a gated community. You have to put people up to tail gate to get in...no gate code as the RE agent would have.

this place was in Astoria Estates in the NW. Opendoor bought it in March for $406,000 and sold it in late June for $427,000. They did a good bit of work on the place so they likely lost money on the sales transaction. And in some ways the place was not in good shape. The outdoor kitchen for instance was missing all the working parts. I would think though the seller did fine. Unloaded a place tht needed work and got a reasonable price. I do not know what fee the seller paid so it is hard to come to a conclusion.

I would be skeptical in any gated situation.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:51 PM

96 posts, read 80,538 times
If i would be selling i would use Redfin - i think they take just 1% too.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectras View Post
It is difficult to get good insight...but here are a few of the bad side...

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/housing/redfin.html

Actually I do not know where the truth lies. But I do know that the last deal I worked with Redfin cost the seller 5 to 10K at least.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:51 PM

929 posts, read 399,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I think I shut that thread down.

Worked one a few weeks ago. In fact one where the concept breaks. Open door does not work in a gated community. You have to put people up to tail gate to get in...no gate code as the RE agent would have.

this place was in Astoria Estates in the NW. Opendoor bought it in March for $406,000 and sold it in late June for $427,000. They did a good bit of work on the place so they likely lost money on the sales transaction. And in some ways the place was not in good shape. The outdoor kitchen for instance was missing all the working parts. I would think though the seller did fine. Unloaded a place tht needed work and got a reasonable price. I do not know what fee the seller paid so it is hard to come to a conclusion.

I would be skeptical in any gated situation.
Thanks for the link, the thread is still up. For now I think Opendoor sounds appealing, as long as they give a fair market value. The biggest upside I see with these companies is that I get to skip the major hassles of selling the house(I have 4 kids as it is)..i.e. no showings, no major cleaning, no moving of furnitures or renting a storage place to store some stuff out of the way, but the most important thing to me is that I don't have to worry if the deal will go through because some buyer can't get their finances together. It's almost a guaranteed sell no matter what. Of course I could go with Redfin or traditional agent, but you know I'd be willing to pay 2-3K above standard fees for time and convenience. Who knows when I sell in early 2019 it might be a different story.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:34 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectras View Post
No Redfin minimum is 2% on their end..2.5 on buyer end

Old 07-12-2018, 05:36 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Thanks for the link, the thread is still up. For now I think Opendoor sounds appealing, as long as they give a fair market value. The biggest upside I see with these companies is that I get to skip the major hassles of selling the house(I have 4 kids as it is)..i.e. no showings, no major cleaning, no moving of furnitures or renting a storage place to store some stuff out of the way, but the most important thing to me is that I don't have to worry if the deal will go through because some buyer can't get their finances together. It's almost a guaranteed sell no matter what. Of course I could go with Redfin or traditional agent, but you know I'd be willing to pay 2-3K above standard fees for time and convenience. Who knows when I sell in early 2019 it might be a different story.
So you would take 240k for a 300k house? Use a realtor, suffer the inconvenience for a day..geez.

Unless the house needs work and you overprice it, it’s easy

Old 07-12-2018, 06:51 AM

799 posts, read 708,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post

I completely understand your feeling. It's not easy to just pick up the kids, or pets, and vacate the house for a viewing. Or to keep it in "show ready" condition. But, it seems right now Las Vegas is a sellers market, so you might be amazed at what sort of offers over list you might get if you list it. Nothing wrong with either way, but it does happen, and something to consider.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:08 PM

390 posts, read 306,678 times
I know someone who has used them. Open door bought their home and then turned around and sold it a month later for $18K more.

Last edited by RoadLessTraveled2015; 07-12-2018 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: someone already posted this link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas