Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 12:16 PM

28 posts, read 29,170 times

Advertisements

Another big price cut and still not selling. Rather than sell "No Problem" it is all looking very grim. The new series starts next week showing their move from Vegas.

https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/40444428
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 03:03 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,223 times
I didn't check comps but looks overpriced to me.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:33 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,441 times
HOA fees of $175 per month in a community with nine houses seem a little steep. There can't be much in the way of common areas to maintain, and other than the gate...

Old 02-25-2019, 03:29 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Looks like they paid $450ish for the homes and want to sell them for $650ish? Sounds high to me. Is the RE market in Vegas THAT good? Or, do they think they are so famous that people will want to live in a house once owned by them?

Old 02-25-2019, 04:30 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,547,538 times
Out of curiosity, I spent part of the night last night watching the episode where one of the wives talks about the Oct. 1, 2017 shooting being the biggest reason for her wanting to move out of Las Vegas. She said that she was too worried about her kids after that.

That's weird to me, because, everyone knows that shooting was an anomaly. So, I wonder what the real reason is?

I remember the episode when they moved to Las Vegas from Utah and they did so with such gusto. Hard to believe that they have the same gusto now about leaving for Flagstaff?

Or, are they playing into the whole "Las Vegas is a transient city" thing?

Old 02-25-2019, 05:22 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Looks like they paid $450ish for the homes and want to sell them for $650ish? Sounds high to me. Is the RE market in Vegas THAT good? Or, do they think they are so famous that people will want to live in a house once owned by them?
They are priced a little low if anything. Note though these equestrian properties normally sell much slower than standard LV. Inventory is over 6 months. The area also has a bias against two stories.

I spent a couple of months with a client trying to buy one of the other homes in that tract. This was before the wifes houses arrived. It was in fact the only home in the tract. Mammoth 3 story Loft with a widow's walk. The thing was in foreclosure and not quite finished and the bank could not get its act together. Never saw so much screw up in any one deal. My clients would likely have screwed up the sisters as they intended to buy the vacant lots on boths sides of the big house.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:26 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
How is having more than one wife a good thing?

Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
They are priced a little low if anything. Note though these equestrian properties normally sell much slower than standard LV. Inventory is over 6 months. The area also has a bias against two stories.

I spent a couple of months with a client trying to buy one of the other homes in that tract. This was before the wifes houses arrived. It was in fact the only home in the tract. Mammoth 3 story Loft with a widow's walk. The thing was in foreclosure and not quite finished and the bank could not get its act together. Never saw so much screw up in any one deal. My clients would likely have screwed up the sisters as they intended to buy the vacant lots on boths sides of the big house.
I'm a Realtor in Raleigh, NC and I'm amazed that the prices have gone up that much.

Do you think the bias against 2 story homes are due to those that are retiring in LV?

Old 02-26-2019, 07:39 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Someone married their sister?
Sisters...either Mormon or Muslim.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Out of curiosity, I spent part of the night last night watching the episode where one of the wives talks about the Oct. 1, 2017 shooting being the biggest reason for her wanting to move out of Las Vegas. She said that she was too worried about her kids after that.

That's weird to me, because, everyone knows that shooting was an anomaly. So, I wonder what the real reason is?

I remember the episode when they moved to Las Vegas from Utah and they did so with such gusto. Hard to believe that they have the same gusto now about leaving for Flagstaff?

Or, are they playing into the whole "Las Vegas is a transient city" thing?
They are moving because Cody decided they should sell the homes, make tons of money, and settle somewhere else.

The strange thing is...all the excuses sound like excuses. He doesn't really have a good reason to move, uproot the family and uproot the kids (especially those in high school).

The money he makes from those houses are going to end up being spent as the homes in Flagstaff are more expensive. Sometimes I wonder about his financial sense, considering they have all filed bankruptcy in years past!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas