Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,765 times

Advertisements

My neighbors play loud bass throughout the day and night. It vibrates our walls and it’s so bad that even our phone is able to capture a video of the sounds and vibration. It’s been almost two weeks. For the past 5 months we have heard 0 noise except for sometimes footsteps and doors slamming. Noise is NOT an issue It’s the bass. We can’t enjoy watching tv in our own living room. Is there any way to go about this? What is Nevada state laws on disruptive noises? It’s so unbearable I hear the sound of bass even when I’m not home. We have confronted them once and they agreed to turn it down, only to turn it back up and hour later. Has anyone dealt with th same problem & what was the outcome? Would really hate to contact management and cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 11:17 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Call the cops. Just be sure to use 311.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:19 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
My one neighbors used to bring their stereo outside and just blare it. It would overwhelm my computer speakers. I called the cops a couple times. They went over and told them to keep it down or they'd be charged. Now they only do it on a couple holidays. I'm not that quiet myself so I let that slide. But if they were doing it all day everyday I'd damn sure call the cops.

I do have some power tools that I run. But I try to keep it to a minimum and only in the day time. Never after 9pm.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:01 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Maybe get a 6-pack and some home-baked cookies and bring it over to your neighbors as a present. And ask them nicely if they could turn down the bass. Emphasis on being nice.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyak0 View Post
My neighbors play loud bass throughout the day and night. It vibrates our walls and it’s so bad that even our phone is able to capture a video of the sounds and vibration. It’s been almost two weeks. For the past 5 months we have heard 0 noise except for sometimes footsteps and doors slamming. Noise is NOT an issue It’s the bass. We can’t enjoy watching tv in our own living room. Is there any way to go about this? What is Nevada state laws on disruptive noises? It’s so unbearable I hear the sound of bass even when I’m not home. We have confronted them once and they agreed to turn it down, only to turn it back up and hour later. Has anyone dealt with th same problem & what was the outcome? Would really hate to contact management and cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Maybe get a 6-pack and some home-baked cookies and bring it over to your neighbors as a present. And ask them nicely if they could turn down the bass. Emphasis on being nice.
Might work for two hours. Of course confronting them might have had a bearing on the short time span.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Contact management. Or move to a different apartment in the same complex, like at the other end. Management in many apts will let you switch apts just to keep you. Or you could see if they can fix the issue, like evicting the problem tenants if they do not quiet down.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:15 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,807,706 times
You can borrow my DJ speakers and have a sound off

Or be sensible and talk to management

Old 09-21-2018, 07:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I had a similar problem, so I posted on my local (Arizona) Facebook page to ask if the loud Mexican music 2 streets over was bothering anyone else, and yes ! several neighbors voiced their disdain. The bass was so loud I could hear it through cinderblock walls. It had been going on during week ends. It is not acceptable at that volume at any time of day. One man said he would talk to them the next day. The bass has stopped, but all I can hear now is a very faint radio if I am outside. Disturbing the peace is against the law. Short term noise is okay if there is an END in sight. I have a condition called Misophonia with certain noises. It can spark rage, and panic attacks. Some people know what I am talking about all too well. Having the residents complain to management ought to do the trick. Nothing puts the fear into someone like getting a citation for failing to comply with noise ordinances. I think car boom boxes should be outlawed totally.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:39 AM

241 posts, read 143,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyak0 View Post
You need to report it to management...complaining about it on here isn’t going to change a thing.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:10 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I think car boom boxes should be outlawed totally.
I'm with NoiseFree.org and they once gave me a list of cities across the country and what they're doing about these so-called Noise Terrorists. They're cracking down on these all across the country. If a cop finds you blaring music from one of your boom cars in Oregon, it's a $1500 fine. In some jurisdictions, it's as high as $2500. Noise IS a health hazard, and certain levels of noise, past 130 decibels, can cause heart attacks in some people. Any noise changes the chemistry of your body. Just the ringing of the telephone can do that!

Having recently moved to Tucson, I went downtown Tucson one night, as it's enjoying a renaissance with new apartment buildings, other enticements for people to come downtown, and I only stayed an hour due to the numerous boom cars. Imagine! They ban smoking even in the outdoor patio areas of restaurants, as 2nd hand smoke is a health factor, and yet boom cars patrol the streets, yet another health hazard.

So I got on my computer and emailed every Tucson city council member, the mayor and the Pima County Supervisors and? Hey guys! You want us to come downtown to spend some money, rent an apartment downtown, and how am I going to sleep in my apartment with these boom cars patrolling the streets. I was downtown one hour and left, too much noise! I also pointed out the stiff fines being levied in other cities across the country.

The Mayor sent my email to a Police Captain and I had to actually tell him that there was a fine for boom cars in Tucson, $100 for a first offence, doubles after that, he wasn't even aware of it. He then invited me to return to downtown Tucson the next Fri. night to see how much progress the police had made. I didn't return, but will return this month sometime to gauge the progress.

As far as loud bass music emanating from a neighbor's house, with a little daring and no damage done, you can "send a message to these noise terrorists" and don't be surprised if they move out rather quickly. But I don't expect anyone to take me up on the offer as we're no longer the Home of the Brave!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas