Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 12:42 AM

13 posts, read 44,792 times

Advertisements

Hello All...I'm going to moving to the Vegas area this June to start my residency at Valley Medical Center. I think it is located on the northwest end of the strip off Charleston. In the process of looking for housing, I was wondering what the traffic is like coming out from GV versus Summerlin. Is coming from one area to the hospital always against traffic? I really don't want to be sitting on the 15 or some busy road full of stop lights wanting to kill myself. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to hearing your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Summerlin or the NorthWest.

Basic number 1 rule on Vegas traffic don't cross the strip. Particularly don't cross the strip on a diaganol.

No matter where you go in the Henderson area you end up having to get from the 215 to 15...often a disaster and then down the 15 to Charleston a guaranteed disaster.

There are no surface street bypasses that will work during the rush hours either.

From the NW you come in 95 to Rancho. Generally perfectly smooth...the only significant problem coming that way occurs at the spaghetti bown...and you are off just before that. In the evening rush you may get a 5 minute delay on the 95 before Lake Mead but that is about it.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM

thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. i'm flying down to vegas tomorrow and will be driving around the summerlin/nw area to look for apartments or possibly condos/townhomes to rent. i'll possibly only be in vegas for a year and then off to somewhere else.

thanks again!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Since youre going to be working at Valley, you might check the 3 story townhouses North of Alta on Shadow Lane [same street as Valley] would mean a 45 second commute

Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,195 times
Summerlin has the best traffic situation.

Green Valley can get a little messy around the 215.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:27 PM

thank you all for responding!!!

what about the traffic situation on the 95/515 just east of the airport heading north to the 15 to get to the hospital?

Old 04-08-2008, 05:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by provider08 View Post
thank you all for responding!!!

what about the traffic situation on the 95/515 just east of the airport heading north to the 15 to get to the hospital?
If you want to go to Henderson do it. It will work out. We are simply pointing out that there are better alternatives traffic wise.

515/95 can be quite trying in the morning. In Henderson and as you approach and navigate the 15/95 interchange. It is much worse than coming from the west.

It is however tolerable and, if you want to come that way, do it.

Life is too short to let a little traffic get in the way of the desired path.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 AM

Thanks again for all of your responses. They have been very helpful. We have been driving around all over and my gf did not feel "at home" while driving in certain areas. We drove through Aliante, Summerli, and the southwest and she did not feel at home. she felt like things were not developed and did not like the areas around certain apartment complexes. We had driven through Green Valley and Henderson and she started to feel a little better about things. After all is said and done and 24 apartment complexes later, my gf and I came across The Palladium apartments in the southeast on e russell right off the 95/515 and she felt a little more "at home." she liked the idea of having the galleria nearby, and especially target and vons. she also liked the managment, the newness of the complex, and that most residents are young families. If any of you have any opinion on this particular apartment complex and area, i would greatly appreciate to hear your input. thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas