Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 11:09 AM

472 posts, read 378,151 times

Advertisements

Two nights ago my son was driving west on Flamingo approaching Durango when a white male, short blond hair, slight build, average height dressed all in black, came running across the road (200 yards from the crosswalk) and RAN into my sons car which was going about 30-35. He bang hard into the side denting his front quarter panel and door, and broke off his mirror. He got up and continued on, while my son tried to follow him into the shopping center, but lost the guy on foot.

He called the police to file a report and they suggested he get a cam because they think this guy was trying to get hit for an insurance case but missed the front of my sons car and that the whole episode was intentional. These incidents have been on the increase. But now my son needs autobody repair, but no one to claim it against. You shouldve seen the look on the guys at Gerber when they saw the damage and was told it was done by a pedestrian.

I have a dash cam in my car that I got for christmas. Now I'm glad I have it if something like that happens. I thought I was just going to post cool stuff on reddit's dashcam page because this city is a great place to capture idiots in cars.

Here's one that happened last month. Idiot cuts me off to drive into oncoming traffic.

https://imgur.com/vwwoJGQ
Cheyenne and 215.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 04:42 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,813 times
The famous left hand turn from the right lane.

Next time, run his ass over and make sure he's dead. Dead men can't Sue or file insurance claims. You won't be at fault if the guy isn't in a crosswalk.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:24 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,550,518 times
Damn at that video on Cheyenne/215. Obviously an old driver who is confused/disoriented and night time making it worse.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Damn at that video on Cheyenne/215. Obviously an old driver who is confused/disoriented and night time making it worse.
Probably go through there 7 or 8 times a week. Scarey. Then again it is a place where velocities are low. I would also note that it was a reasonably aggressive move so unlikely an old driver. The old screw up by not acting...not by over acting.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:10 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,056 times
Dash cam coverage is the great equalizer settling insurance claims in your favor after accidents with stupid drivers.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:56 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
Two nights ago my son was driving west on Flamingo approaching Durango when a white male, short blond hair, slight build, average height dressed all in black, came running across the road (200 yards from the crosswalk) and RAN into my sons car which was going about 30-35. He bang hard into the side denting his front quarter panel and door, and broke off his mirror. He got up and continued on, while my son tried to follow him into the shopping center, but lost the guy on foot.

He called the police to file a report and they suggested he get a cam because they think this guy was trying to get hit for an insurance case but missed the front of my sons car and that the whole episode was intentional. These incidents have been on the increase. But now my son needs autobody repair, but no one to claim it against. You shouldve seen the look on the guys at Gerber when they saw the damage and was told it was done by a pedestrian.

I have a dash cam in my car that I got for christmas. Now I'm glad I have it if something like that happens. I thought I was just going to post cool stuff on reddit's dashcam page because this city is a great place to capture idiots in cars.

Here's one that happened last month. Idiot cuts me off to drive into oncoming traffic.

https://imgur.com/vwwoJGQ
Cheyenne and 215.

Your son needs to claim against his own insurance. It would not matter if your son caught the guy since he would have no insurance to claim against whether he has insurance or not. I have liability insurance and they are not going to pay out unless I am in the car when the accident happens. This guy was on foot. Your insurance would realize it is not worth suing the guy, and write off the loss.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:04 PM

557 posts, read 793,271 times
BlackVue 900S 2 channel

Old 02-11-2019, 10:00 PM

472 posts, read 378,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Your son needs to claim against his own insurance. It would not matter if your son caught the guy since he would have no insurance to claim against whether he has insurance or not. I have liability insurance and they are not going to pay out unless I am in the car when the accident happens. This guy was on foot. Your insurance would realize it is not worth suing the guy, and write off the loss.
Yes we know all that, but to exact some satisfaction handing him over to police for jaywalking, property damage, endangering the driver and surrounding drivers, etc would have been a little better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas