Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 05:34 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times

Advertisements

Since they are not the owners than the HOA should be contacting the owner. If any fines are going to levied they should be paid by the owner.

Te HOA should have the attorneys that represent the community contact both the owner and the tenant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 09:44 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
Tell him to move the RV to a storage lot. There are many in town.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:47 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,015,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Timothyyaw, I feel your pain but I suspect you are going to lose this battle. First, is the person’s RV the HOA approved similar in size to the one you are complaining about? If so I suspect the owner will be able to convince the HOA to approve his even if it is after the fact. If the HOA didn’t then he could claim disparate treatment by the board. Based on your picture I would rather see that then a rattty bamboo or board fence extension sitting above the existing block wall.

Now I will say if he runs power or water again that should be addressed immediately as he likely would let people stay in it.
The Ombudsman likely won’t even give you the time of day.

Well the RV that was granted approval a long time ago (the owner ASKED written permission and was granted) got permission but I'm just guessing here, the board didn't get the HOA's attorney take on it. So that shouldn't have gone through IMO. I don't trust the community manager, but we'll see. I should be able to ask who the HOA attorney is right? Do I have the right to know, I would assume so but not sure?

Old 04-07-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Tell him to move the RV to a storage lot. There are many in town.

He did move it to a lot for a while, until he got tired of paying the storage fees I assume. So after a few months he just moved it back.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:22 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Is this offensive RV in NV or AZ? You've created the same thread both places.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:36 PM

One of my houses in NV. But I just wanted to hear general responses to this particular issue.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:43 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,057,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"I will continually watch for that."

YOU are the reason I did not buy in an area controlled by an HOA! That particular one considered a one ton dual wheeled truck a "commercial vehicle", so I could not park my truck in my driveway! We liked the house, liked the lot size, liked the price, but the CCRs (and the snoopy neighbors) forced us to walk away.
The place we bought has CCRs, but no HOA to enforce them, so they are meaningless. The lot is larger, the house is better, and we are very happy here, WITHOUT "neighbors from h e l l".
We have a "humongous RV" (32 foot class A). our neighbor has one, too (32 foot fifth wheel toy hauler). He also has 2 horses, three mules, 4 or 5 trailers (horse trailers, flatbed trailers, etc.), several trucks, a skid steer loader, an old Farmall tractor, a motorcycle, and a boat or two.
The neighbors do not bother us, and we do not bother them. THAT is how people should live!
You don't like the view from your window? Close the curtains and do not look out there, EVER!
Sorry, but IMO, YOU should have NO control over your neighbor's property, EVER!

By the way, what would be your opinion if the neighbor built a 12 by 40 foot garage with a 14 foot door in the end to house his RV? Would you like looking at that instead of the RV?
Just so you know, CC&RS are deeded with the property and still enforceable by both the county and other properties owners who wish to file suit, regardless of whether you have an HOA.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
I 100% agree. Or if you couldn't afford a bigger lot, you can do off site RV storage. The lack of personal responsibility to follow rules that you agreed to when purchasing your property and then trying to pass it off as neighbors are being unreasonable is ridiculous. And to use the freedom guise to boot? Hilarious.

No, it just means you're a ****ty neighbor that thinks they're above the rules.
I think it goes beyond that. If I am not mistaken, it actually against county code to store an RV on a lot that doesn't have specific provisions for one. They also cannot be parked on a county street.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
How about that logic? The lot I OWN....
You don't really own the lot unless you have an alloidal title, the county does.

Regardless, in most urban jurisdictions in the US you never get title at all, you get a 99 year ground lease from the county.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
Timothyyaw, I feel your pain but I suspect you are going to lose this battle. First, is the person’s RV the HOA approved similar in size to the one you are complaining about? If so I suspect the owner will be able to convince the HOA to approve his even if it is after the fact. If the HOA didn’t then he could claim disparate treatment by the board. Based on your picture I would rather see that then a rattty bamboo or board fence extension sitting above the existing block wall.

Now I will say if he runs power or water again that should be addressed immediately as he likely would let people stay in it.
The Ombudsman likely won’t even give you the time of day.
It's illegal to run water and power to an RV in Clark County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas