Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:53 AM

70 posts, read 211,719 times

Advertisements

my best friend has an uncle who owns a limo company and says he needs people to work for him...i'll make close to a thousand a week...is that enough for Vegas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 AM

294 posts, read 1,334,631 times
Is that gross or take home? If you can take home $1000/week, there is no reason why you couldn't make a good life out there. Just be frugle for the first 6 months, get some bank saved up and then you can relax... Are you planning on buying a home or renting? Do you have a roommate that will have any kind of income coming in?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 AM

70 posts, read 211,719 times
i'm going to rent until i can buy and my girlfriend will be coming with me and she'll be having a job as well being a nanny

Old 09-09-2008, 12:33 PM

93 posts, read 560,523 times
I don't live there but traveled there about twice a month for about 3 years for at least a few days (usually longer) each time). I lived an easy 3 hour drive from there and met friends or took them there when they visited me. I don't gamble (other than feed a few dollars through the slots and I rarely drink but I LOVE Vegas. A thousand a week would be very nice as long as you don't gamble or party it away. Vegas can be fun without having to blow a fortune. There's tons of free stuff to see and do day and night on your days off. Enjoy it but don't be seduced by the dark side.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 PM

150 posts, read 636,301 times
$1000 a week take home is fine. Rent, save then buy.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 PM

5 posts, read 13,311 times
I would take that job in a heartbeat, seriously. Are they looking for anyone else?
depending on where you live $1,000 is more then enough. i live in henderson in a 2 story 3 bedroom house with my boyfriend and another couple and we split everything right down the middle. I looked at how much it would be for us to get a one or two bedroom apt but it would be double what we are paying now and 1/4 of the space. Look everywhere before deciding on somewhere, rent will probably be your biggest payment living out here. other then that it's really not too expensive.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Annie View Post
I don't live there but traveled there about twice a month for about 3 years for at least a few days (usually longer) each time). I lived an easy 3 hour drive from there and met friends or took them there when they visited me. I don't gamble (other than feed a few dollars through the slots and I rarely drink but I LOVE Vegas. A thousand a week would be very nice as long as you don't gamble or party it away. Vegas can be fun without having to blow a fortune. There's tons of free stuff to see and do day and night on your days off. Enjoy it but don't be seduced by the dark side.
Very encouraging!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:18 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
my best friend has an uncle who owns a limo company and says he needs people to work for him...i'll make close to a thousand a week...is that enough for Vegas?
Is it enough where you live now? If you live on that or less now then you can live on it in Las Vegas. $52,000 a year is pretty good for most people unless you live in NYC or LA. But, I'd really question whether you can actually make that much driving a limo. Do some research. Don't just take his word for it. There's a cabby on here that might be able to answer that question.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
A thousand a week works. But as Buzz says be cautious. It ain't that easy. Search Las Vegas for Limo and such and I suspect you will find a couple of interesting threads.

I would be quite skeptical. One can make more than 50K driving a limo. Most don't.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:22 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
i doubt you would make that kind of money either... the money ain't flowing like it used to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: