Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 08:36 PM

478 posts, read 1,657,978 times

Advertisements

Me again - I apologize if I'm a pain!

Seems prices have not only gone up on moving companies, but moving vehicles also. I thought we paid less that $1K when we moved my car from Phoenix to Maryland (I thought like $800ish) according to quotes on-line we're looking at around $2.5K to move 2 cars.

Any advice on how to transport them for less $ or am I going to have to entertain hubby's idea of driving cross country. LOL

Thanks again for all your help and advice - I really do appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 10:58 PM

220 posts, read 141,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ17015 View Post
Me again - I apologize if I'm a pain!

Seems prices have not only gone up on moving companies, but moving vehicles also. I thought we paid less that $1K when we moved my car from Phoenix to Maryland (I thought like $800ish) according to quotes on-line we're looking at around $2.5K to move 2 cars.

Any advice on how to transport them for less $ or am I going to have to entertain hubby's idea of driving cross country. LOL

Thanks again for all your help and advice - I really do appreciate it!
2,400 / 2,500 is average to move 2 cars cross country.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:33 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Yeah that sounds like a good price to me. I didn't realize it was so cheap. I figured around $1,500 per car anyway, so that’s solid. I just drove both of mine but it was only a two day drive.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:34 AM

228 posts, read 197,136 times
In 2017, I paid 1,900 to move my Toyota car and truck. You can read my review on Angie's List and the BBB. I used Midsommar, they were the broker and RJL Logistics was the actual shipper. It was a nightmare and I posted a picture on Angie's List of how they transported my vehicles. Midsommar had great reviews on AL and the BBB. They left a week before I did, so I wired my Spouses family the money to pay and TIP, the driver. I get here, no cars. RJL would not return my calls. Midsommar ended up removing them from their list of shippers. I returned the rental van and ended up renting a car for a week. The driver was broken down in Arizona. They ended up having to drive my car here and towed my truck on a U-Haul trailer. Total disaster and needless to say I did not tip. The communication was awful. I told Midsommar that I was going to call the police and report my cars stolen, with that I got action. I'm pretty laid back, but when your cars are out there and NO communication. I seriously thought my cars were on their way to Mexico. I wish I could recommend someone but you may think twice before using either company, or if the name Justin Gonzales shows up, he was the contact guy from RJL.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:45 AM

228 posts, read 197,136 times
Also, do not feel like a bother asking questions on City Data. This site was so very helpful to me and the people so helpful. One of the reasons I come on here is so I can maybe payback. I got a lot of great advice from people who had the experience and knowledge, even where to stop and where not to stop.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:44 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times
We will be moving to Pahrump from PA in a couple of months. We were going to ship our SUV, but we are now contemplating driving it ourselves and having movers for all of our stuff. We're not that excited about driving all that way, but it seems like it will be easier in the long run. Still thinking about it.

Old 09-23-2019, 09:31 AM

23 posts, read 16,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
We will be moving to Pahrump from PA in a couple of months. We were going to ship our SUV, but we are now contemplating driving it ourselves and having movers for all of our stuff. We're not that excited about driving all that way, but it seems like it will be easier in the long run. Still thinking about it.
This past summer I drove from NJ to Vegas ... It wasn't as bad as I thought. I did three, 12 hour days. Left on Friday morning, arrived on Sunday night. My wife took a little over 4 days cause she had our 2 dogs with us.

https://youtu.be/ug9dFXQ36xo

https://youtu.be/UuWus_M181I

Old 09-23-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I'm sure you know this - but you may want to take the southern route and avoid Colorado (mountains) in the winter months. Even though we're looking at the beginning of November, if we do drive I plan to take the southern route - it's a little bit longer, but I don't want to risk dealing with snow in the mountains.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:46 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ17015 View Post
I'm sure you know this - but you may want to take the southern route and avoid Colorado (mountains) in the winter months. Even though we're looking at the beginning of November, if we do drive I plan to take the southern route - it's a little bit longer, but I don't want to risk dealing with snow in the mountains.
Yes, definitely the southern route. That would be route 40, correct?

Old 09-23-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, definitely the southern route. That would be route 40, correct?
Yes Route 40 - we took that route when we moved to and from Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas