Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 12:49 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I am a medical mj patient in San Diego looking into a possible LV move in the near future if housing costs keep rising.....which they will.

I use weed maps in CA and can find delivery services almost anytime of day.

Will I have access to the same MJ products in Vegas and what is the comparison in quality with CA ? Will I need a Nevada medical rec and how difficult are those to acquire ?

Is there anything I should know about weed in Vegas ?

Also what are my chances of living in Vegas without a car ?

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2019, 05:47 PM

838 posts, read 565,590 times
There are plenty of delivery services here, Quality is definitely not the same as in CA and its much more expensive; Top-shelf avg. at $60 an 1/8 which to me is ridiculous but illegally you may be able to find it cheaper.

Same products? Depends, I know that Cookies, Jungle Boyz, Khalifa and Zkittlez products are stocked but at a premium.
As far as what you should know is that unlike CA the laws in NV are ridiculous, Delivery services can only be provided by existing Dispensaries only; which has opened up the market to a lot of illegal/mom-pop dealers, I personally support them over ****ty dispensaries anyways.

No you will not need anything but your NV state ID and to be over 18+, As far as living in Vegas without a car as long as you have a Uber/Lyft budget its do-able. I wouldn't just move here thinking you can walk everywhere specially in the summer its quite dangerous and public transport is unreliable and sketchy imho.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
I wouldn't just move here thinking you can walk everywhere specially in the summer its quite dangerous and public transport is unreliable and sketchy imho.
Great information to go on. Thank You. I guess I should feel lucky to have CA weed. I just want a back up plan if rents get too high here and thought Vegas might work for me.

So what does an oz go for in Vegas ?

Why would walking during summer be dangerous ? I assume warm weather brings people out onto the streets ???

Old 11-16-2019, 07:24 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Great information to go on. Thank You. I guess I should feel lucky to have CA weed. I just want a back up plan if rents get too high here and thought Vegas might work for me.

Why would walking during summer be dangerous ? I assume warm weather brings people out onto the streets ???

Because you are used to wonderful year round weather in San Diego. It gets very hot. I have seen it where it is 110 degrees here and I check San Diego and it is 75 at the same time. If I were you, I would stay were you are as long as you can. I could not even begin to afford to live in San Diego, and if I could, I would be there tomorrow. Going from San Diego to Las Vegas is a big downgrade, no doubt about it.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Because you are used to wonderful year round weather in San Diego. It gets very hot. I have seen it where it is 110 degrees here and I check San Diego and it is 75 at the same time. If I were you, I would stay were you are as long as you can. I could not even begin to afford to live in San Diego, and if I could, I would be there tomorrow. Going from San Diego to Las Vegas is a big downgrade, no doubt about it.
Honest Talk. Thanks Katie.

It's all got to do with money. If I can afford to I will stay here.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:19 PM

838 posts, read 565,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post

Avg 1/2 oz is $150 for mid, So if you're looking for an oz of top-shelf that's well over $300 but again those are dispensary prices; If you go with an illegal service prices would be much cheaper.

Due to heat exhaustion and how many cases there have been of people dying from a heatstroke, Not to mention that the minute you feel the heat that feels like a blowtorch to the face, I doubt you'd want to continue walking lol.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 635 times
Not as cheap as CA but definitely not bad. Really coming down in price the past 3 months with lots more farming space coming online soon.

There are daily deals in the $60 to $120 a half oz. Planet 13, one of the largest dispensaries, does $200 oz deals on over 100 strains mix and match. Quality is lab tested with thc and terp profiles on the label. Rare to get with CA delivery as it's still a hussle there. If you are getting lab tested quality meds it's probably similar pricing.

Check lasvegasdispensarydeals.com for the daily deals around town.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post

Due to heat exhaustion and how many cases there have been of people dying from a heatstroke, Not to mention that the minute you feel the heat that feels like a blowtorch to the face, I doubt you'd want to continue walking lol.
I have actually seen this in Peru and it is really scary. I also experienced it personally in Mexicali.

This is maybe why rents are so cheap ?

Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,030,668 times
Quote:
Why would walking during summer be dangerous ?

I carry bottled water and walk for an hour every day. I keep water in the car also.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:24 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,828,693 times
Who cares about weed? When are they going to legalize the good stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas