Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 12:43 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,271 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.
I am looking for a referral to a cardiologist. Currently, Dr. S. Khan at Nevada Heart and Vascular Center (Tenaya location) is my cardiologist. Now that I am beginning to have reliable irregularities I am having doubts about him and his practice. It is difficult to find reviews on the web (aside from WebMD, etc for cardiologists in these large practices but the ones I have read for Nevada Heart and Vascular Center are pretty bad).
Originally my rheumatologist referred me to him, she said that Dr. Khan was her father's cardiologist. Didn't really worry about reviews of the entire practice.

I did a search of this forum and found that Buzz123 (God rest his soul) had referred people to Dr Navid Kazemi. He also mentioned a Dr Robert Baker near sunrise hospital. However, Dr. Kazemi is in the same NW building as my current cardiologist (Tenaya Way, next to Mountain View Hospital).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 03:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Hi Everyone.
I am looking for a referral to a cardiologist. Currently, Dr. S. Khan at Nevada Heart and Vascular Center (Tenaya location) is my cardiologist. Now that I am beginning to have reliable irregularities I am having doubts about him and his practice. It is difficult to find reviews on the web (aside from WebMD, etc for cardiologists in these large practices but the ones I have read for Nevada Heart and Vascular Center are pretty bad).
Originally my rheumatologist referred me to him, she said that Dr. Khan was her father's cardiologist. Didn't really worry about reviews of the entire practice.

I did a search of this forum and found that Buzz123 (God rest his soul) had referred people to Dr Navid Kazemi. He also mentioned a Dr Robert Baker near sunrise hospital. However, Dr. Kazemi is in the same NW building as my current cardiologist (Tenaya Way, next to Mountain View Hospital).

Thanks.
I have been using Kenneth Shah for 20 years.
Dr. Kenneth Shah
2465 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #100
Henderson, NV 89052
702-616-0500

I also use Arjun Gururaj
Arjun Gururaj, MD
3150 N Tenaya Way #320
Las Vegas, NV 89128
702-227-3422

Shah is basically a light duty cardiologist. Does not do things like ablations. Into chemistry and light procedures like fancy pacemakers

Gururaj is a bit younger and is into electrophysiology. Also likely more convenient for you. Part of a big operation with lots of services.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:15 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,235 times
Hi, I work as a Cardiology RN locally and am familiar with some of the Cardiologists in town. I PM'd you.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:50 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
I am comfortable Dr. Patrick Hsu with Nevada Cardiology.

Old 03-04-2020, 02:34 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
When I still had insurance, I went to Dr. Khan, and was not impressed. He was a referral from another doctor, and the one that gave me the referral raved about how great he was. He is not. Just loves to order lots of tests. And procedures. I still have to find a way to get my test results of some things they did without having to pay $140 for an office visit. Cannot do that, because it takes away from my piddling income where food and bills come first.

Saw Dr. Arjun Guraraj, and he seemed OK. He is also at the same location as Dr. Kahn.

Old 03-04-2020, 02:50 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,283 times
There really needs to be a website/review page where it lists doctors with the info "Does the doctor require an office visit to inform the patient of normal test results?"

Nothing more aggravating than taking time off work, paying a co-pay, and waiting around just to find out "everything's fine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
When I still had insurance, I went to Dr. Khan, and was not impressed. He was a referral from another doctor, and the one that gave me the referral raved about how great he was. He is not. Just loves to order lots of tests. And procedures. I still have to find a way to get my test results of some things they did without having to pay $140 for an office visit. Cannot do that, because it takes away from my piddling income where food and bills come first.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:53 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,271 times
Thanks for your responses.
Yes Pink String, I noticed that Arjun Gururaj and Dr. Khan are both with NV Heart and Vascular (3150 N. Tenaya Way Suite 320). Patrick Hsu. MD and Buzz123's recommendations are with Nevada Cardiology Associates - same address but suite 460. It seems they are the 2 major practices in this area. I am surprised that there is no good way to get, for instance Google or Yelp reviews on individual doctors but we can get vitals.com reviews of the practice. I don't want to wait a long time but I think wait time to see a cardiologist is less important than patient satisfaction after tests and procedures.

I think NV heart and vascular associates does too many tests and then they "ran me through" their own sleep study outfit and diagnosed sleep apnea. If there is something that can help me, fine, but this seems like a racket to me.

Can't believe you have to pay for an office visit to get test results. Maybe you could ask your Primary or a nurse practitioner to request the test results and give them to you?

Currently the cardiac concern for me is a pacemaker. I am swinging from very high to very low heartbeats (brady and tachy cardia) but there is a lot of circulatory problems in my family. I would be the first, however, to have "electrical" problems.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:01 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post

Currently the cardiac concern for me is a pacemaker. I am swinging from very high to very low heartbeats (brady and tachy cardia) but there is a lot of circulatory problems in my family. I would be the first, however, to have "electrical" problems.
Are you symptomatic during the heart rate irregularity? Shortness of breath, dizzy, fatigued, abnormally high or low blood pressure, chest pain etc.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:35 AM

143 posts, read 98,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I still have to find a way to get my test results of some things they did without having to pay $140 for an office visit.
Wow. You mean one has no right to their own medical records upon request (for free)?

Old 03-06-2020, 10:03 AM

472 posts, read 377,982 times
I had confidence issues with my first cardiologist and now I have full confidence in my new one. Alan D. Steljes MD, FACC, FRCPC. of Nevada Heart and Vascular in Henderson next to St. Rose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas