Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 08:49 AM

101 posts, read 53,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreRJ View Post
You can buy guns from other owners and friends on facebook/ other sites so no 2nd amend being blocked.

Damn internet is making it harder for the govt to ruin your life.
That is illegal under the new law signed by Sisolak and this statement falsely informs fellow citizens of a right they no longer possess. A background check performed by an FFL is required of ALL firearm purchases.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:01 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,373,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
A background check performed by an FFL is required of ALL firearm purchases.
I believe in Nevada having a CCW exempts someone from background checks on new gun purchases.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 AM

101 posts, read 53,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I believe in Nevada having a CCW exempts someone from background checks on new gun purchases.
Even with a CCW you are still required to fill out a 4473 and submit that through the FFL at the time of the transfer.

Old 03-26-2020, 04:18 PM

7,148 posts, read 4,557,147 times
Vic, I am not your maid. When my friend got the text from a amber alert she asked if it was true. I googled it and found the answer to be yes and then watched the news conference.

Old 03-26-2020, 04:42 PM

901 posts, read 1,899,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Vic, a friend of mine got a emergency text yesterday and I watched the governor’s news conference yesterday. We are shelter in place. People can still exercise if they practice social distancing and workers are now carrying letters in their car from their employers saying they are essential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
So you can't find any links on the internet, huh? Thanks...

Again, show me where it says shelter in place for Reno.
Quote:
Vic, I am not your maid. When my friend got the text from a amber alert she asked if it was true. I googled it and found the answer to be yes and then watched the news conference.
If Reno has a 'shelter in place' order in place, one would think it would be in big bold letters on the city's website. I don't see it anywhere, including on their latest COVID-19 news updates.

https://www.reno.gov/community/about...om/-selcat-184

Old 03-26-2020, 05:04 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,758,434 times
Quote:
I am not asking you to do my work for me. I've done my work. All I see from you is what lawyers would call "heresay". I am asking you to show a link to your references. If there was a shelter in place order for Reno, it would be on the internet. I could not find any shelter in place order for Reno. If you can find it, show me.

It goes to credibility.

See, it works like this:

Quote:
Reno is now shelter in place. Not sure about the rest of the state.
Sisolak is Governor of Nevada. Under these circumstances, it would not make sense Sisolak would issue a shelter in place order for Reno only. So who ordered shelter in place for Reno? Are you saying Hillary Schieve ordered it? Washoe County? That is what I am asking you.

If you can show me, you have credibility. If not, well...

Quote:
45% of people dying are between 20-49.
By the way, I am also looking for your reference that says 45% of people dying are between 20 and 49...

Last edited by Vic Romano; 03-26-2020 at 05:23 PM..

Old 03-26-2020, 05:07 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,121,775 times
Quote:
Even with a CCW you are still required to fill out a 4473 and submit that through the FFL at the time of the transfer.
Sounds like a whole lot of infringement to me.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:52 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,495,108 times
Under the 2A you have the right to keep and bear arms. It doest say anything about buying and selling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Sounds like a whole lot of infringement to me.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:24 PM

347 posts, read 542,742 times
Quote:
That is illegal under the new law signed by Sisolak and this statement falsely informs fellow citizens of a right they no longer possess. A background check performed by an FFL is required of ALL firearm purchases.
so a private party to private party gun sale or even a gift to my friends, I have to walk into a gun store to fill out an FFL for them? What a pain, then again what a great excuse to go to a gun store for some more toys and ammo.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 PM

1,086 posts, read 747,398 times
I looked up the Reno "shelter in place" on the internet and find this headline from two days ago.

Reno County Commission challenges community to respond to avoid ‘shelter in place’ order

That would indicate that, at least as of two days ago, Reno did NOT have a shelter in place. Not saying people shouldn't live like there is one but it seems to be fake news to suggest it's in place now... at least from anything I see on the internet here.

LINKr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas