Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the Mayor?
I Agree open back up.. let the Covi19 post party begin 43 43.88%
I Disagree.. Let's continue to keep Nevada save 52 53.06%
I don't know.. I just got back from my 4 week Grand Canyon rafting trip and I'm just waking up to all this.. 2 2.04%
I don't care.. I'm a bot who just likes to vote (I dont worry about corona virus.. my owner has a free anti-virus on this pc) 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 06:56 PM

347 posts, read 543,529 times

Advertisements

Mayor Goodman thinks this shut down of all business is total insanity and thinks we should all go about our business as if everything is okay.

Do you agree or disagree?

Finally a new topic that's not about Sisolak.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...anity-2007251/

Last edited by NoMoreRJ; 04-15-2020 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: forgot to post link on RJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 06:58 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,138,500 times
I agree 100%

Old 04-15-2020, 07:10 PM

848 posts, read 650,473 times
Recall Sisolak now. Carolyn Goodman sounds like a good alternative based on what I read in the Las Vegas Review-Journal today.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:09 PM

783 posts, read 848,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Recall Sisolak now. Carolyn Goodman sounds like a good alternative based on what I read in the Las Vegas Review-Journal today.
The Goodman's are old-time Nevada Democrats (maybe Independents now?). More like the JFK kind before the party became so extreme. They have a good reputation and I personally have talked with Oscar when I worked in Housing and Economic Development. The kindest man, I loved talking to him and he loves to talk and tell stories, hah!

Old 04-15-2020, 09:14 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,064,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
The Goodman's are old-time Nevada Democrats (maybe Independents now?). More like the JFK kind before the party became so extreme. They have a good reputation and I personally have talked with Oscar when I worked in Housing and Economic Development. The kindest man, I loved talking to him and he loves to talk and tell stories, hah!
Extreme is an understatement.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:15 PM

23,290 posts, read 29,151,074 times
Increasingly, it looks like the more intelligent Governors are planning to re-open quicker than the rest, we're talking the Wespac states: OR, WA, CA. Let's hope NV joins them!

I'm all for reopening, but first things first, mass manufacture of masks, free to all, (even though they're no foolproof), make everyone wear them (to allay the fears of the panic stricken and worry warts) and on with the show!

I also read in an LA forum that the homeless are being housed in vacant motels in the LA area. What's Las Vegas doing with their homeless? Putting them up in Big Blue?

Goodman shares my fiery, impatient Sun in Aries!

Old 04-15-2020, 09:21 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,064,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Increasingly, it looks like the more intelligent Governors are planning to re-open quicker than the rest, we're talking the Wespac states: OR, WA, CA. Let's hope NV joins them!

I'm all for reopening, but first things first, mass manufacture of masks, free to all, (even though they're no foolproof), make everyone wear them (to allay the fears of the panic stricken and worry warts) and on with the show!

I also read in an LA forum that the homeless are being housed in vacant motels in the LA area. What's Las Vegas doing with their homeless? Putting them up in Big Blue?

Who cares about the homeless? Why don't they get off meth and stop stealing everything in sight and squatting in houses?

Old 04-15-2020, 09:24 PM

472 posts, read 245,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Setting them up over at Cashman Field.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:26 PM

472 posts, read 245,281 times
In agreement with Mayor Goodman as well. I was happy to hear what she thought of the situation.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:30 PM

23,290 posts, read 29,151,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Who cares about the homeless? Why don't they get off meth and stop stealing everything in sight and squatting in houses?
The homeless that costs taxpayers $42.5K a year? Let them get infected, and that price tag may climb to $70k! 2/3rd of Americans are 2 paychecks away from being homeless! And without this stimulus plan, you'd be tripping over them on your way to the grocery store!

And why did I even have to post this????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas