Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM

191 posts, read 665,587 times

Advertisements

Bug,MoM,Airics

Thanks and im glad you liked what i had to say. im not quite sure what the reppie is but i think i have an idea and thanks i might need that later on hehe.

Pink,Daddy,OleCapt

Although the DM i sent you guys got answered when i actually got back from LV, the answers you guys gave me i found to be dead on after seeing the place for myself.

Olecapt i agree with you on the school issue on the 89031.

Pink your welcome, i have seen what you have been talking about all this time and you have me on your side.

Daddy we gotta do a bbq with airics and the rest of the guys if possible or if you guys are ok with that when i move up there brotha .

kimba01:

You have to go and see the north and nw for yourself whenever you get the chance. dont stay looking at one place of the valley coz you might miss out on a better deal on a home. I myself considered only Anthem and SW areas when i first started looking at homes in LV,but now after seeing what nw and north had to offer i was converted.

I come from Orange county LA area and lately i have visiting my friends down in eagle rock close to downtown los angeles, we found it strange that we saw alot of whites walking around in that part of town opposed to some years back where all you would have seen was Latino,Black and Asian thugs (i am of the latter part). My point is Things change,People Change so dont be discouraged of what negative things you hear out here,Go see and decide for yourself.

BCboy:

On the smaller homes we offered less on what they were asking. and on the
the house which had a bigger lot and sqf i was aggressive, it seemed like it was a bidding war on the bank owned homes we liked in the SW and people were beating me on a house we wanted.

It was priceless when i saw the expression on my son's face when he looked back at me after entering the house and saw his big smile. In an instant i realized this is the house for us in 89031. this is what made me offer aggressive because i dont wanna lose to another bidder. And besides it was way under our budget $157K for almost 2000sqft and pool size lot with the mountains visible from my backyard!

Good Luck to US! For a Better quality of living!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 04:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,952,183 times
Wow, that sounds like a great deal on the home!! Did it come with a pool or just the size lot to have one put in?

You are definitely right, I need to check out the NW!!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,767 times
I'm looking for a house in the area. I'm so afraid of picking a bad area and can't tell from looking at the pictures. I have read the posts here and saw that you have three zips listed. Are all three decent areas. My budget is not big but with the housing market what it is in Vegas now I am hoping to get as much as possible for the money. My budget is 190,000. I know last year that would have bought me a shack but hoping to even get somethng less than that . There are only two of us. Adults. We live a low key life. Any help with the areas would be greatly appreciated. I saw a house on Grape Drive in Henderson. Is this the "hood" It was so cheap but the picture was amazing. HELP

Old 05-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
boso, you get a rep from me too...i love the nw. 89131 is awesome.. where did you look.. take a peek around elkhorn and thom, there might be a repo there too..
I believe we did look at elkhorn..and we also went to lone mountain i think by the 89129? my wife dint like the neighbor at 89129 being snooty tho haha....But to be honest i dont remember the names of the communities we went to,but i found all of them nice and beautiful. some are bunched up a lil bit together so i kinda stayed away from that. but if it helps we went by the end of Decatur,Grand Teton,Centennial and all the surrounding areas.

A wife and husband were trying to discourage us from buying the property over there at 89129,telling us there was mold in the house and the previous owner got sick and also there was a flood in the kitchen but when we looked there was no mold,the carpet was dry and showed signs of old furniture being taken out and not a new carpet..

hmmm i might buy it just to **** them off! hahah. i dont know if it was because of our ethnicity or they dint want us buying the house for a low price bringing his property down...or maybe because he saw me as a threat .My realtor was pissed and said she was gonna tell the listing realtor about it haha.

Nahh i dont need neighbors like that lol. im the type that would help a neighbor out no matter what your color is and i would want my neighbors to be like that also. Just as long as i dont get in trouble with the law that is.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:27 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,850,713 times
bosozoku,

Maybe we could set something up at Floyd Lamb state park or something. Great location for that sort of thing. Just let me know when. Also, whenever you are ready to put that pool in let me know. I've got a few pool builder connections as I used to dig them. Again, good luck on your offers and if you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Wow, that sounds like a great deal on the home!! Did it come with a pool or just the size lot to have one put in?

You are definitely right, I need to check out the NW!!
No pool but pool size backyard..now its not like i can put in a humongous pool ok..just a small pool for the summer time. i am somewhat of a minimalist hehe.

yes go see for yourself and decide.

good luck to you and your family.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseonline View Post
I'm looking for a house in the area. I'm so afraid of picking a bad area and can't tell from looking at the pictures. I have read the posts here and saw that you have three zips listed. Are all three decent areas. My budget is not big but with the housing market what it is in Vegas now I am hoping to get as much as possible for the money. My budget is 190,000. I know last year that would have bought me a shack but hoping to even get somethng less than that . There are only two of us. Adults. We live a low key life. Any help with the areas would be greatly appreciated. I saw a house on Grape Drive in Henderson. Is this the "hood" It was so cheap but the picture was amazing. HELP

I had the same concerns you have when i was looking at homes in las vegas..being from the LA/OC california area. I had to rely on pictures on the internet, so i feel you. (i am a las vegas resident now with a drivers license)

you need to be a resident so its easier for you to get a job there and also the discounts that residents have, and in some cases this also helps in buying a house there.

since i am new to the area i am not a pro, i can only give you an advice and maybe tell you what i did step by step so it may be able to guide you on your own hunt.

1. look online realtor.com zip.com and the other realty internet .coms out there to see the price range,size sqft, MLS numbers, address and zip codes.

(stay away from the "pending offers" "contingent offers" they might be in contract already i looked at these properties and had my heart broken thinking/hoping it was still available and to find out its in contract already or sold)

2. I get the address on a house i like and google map it and click under "Street View" Tab on google map because most of the time they have pictures of the house and the whole neighborhood which you can scroll thru and see if its a nice clean neighborhood. (this one really helped me)

3. After I picked all the homes and neighborhoods I wanted to look at I would e-mail all of them to my realtor in Las vegas so she can print out all the listings and get it ready when i go over to look at the properties.
I included in the e-mail ..MLS number/Address Zip code/Price (saves both you and your realtor time)

if you dont have a realtor i suggest getting one they are gonna be handy preparing your offers on paper and guiding you thru neighborhoods plus they have codes to the lock boxes which contains the key to the house that you want to look at.

4. plan a trip to las vegas to see the properties in person..this way you get to feel the house and the neighborhood for yourself. It might take you a few trips and make sure to drive around the area's you want to look at night and day time.

mostly everybody will tell you its all about "location location location" but when it really comes down to it..its about how you "feel" the house. well atleast it was for me and my family. but dont get a house that you feel knowing it is really in the ghetto hehe

5. Ask people any concerns or questions you might have about las vegas there is no harm in asking and there is no such thing as a "stupid question" well for the most part haha.

City-Data was a big help to me in my questions..i private mssgd Daddy,Olecapt,Pinkstring,Airics and asked BugBully MoMom and others (to many to mention) here on the forum and they were Really a BIG help..i found that all the answers they gave me was up to point and true.
I know this because when i actually visited North and NW everything they said was true and i saw it with my own eyes.

Hope this helps you out and Good Luck to you and your family!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
bosozoku,

Maybe we could set something up at Floyd Lamb state park or something. Great location for that sort of thing. Just let me know when. Also, whenever you are ready to put that pool in let me know. I've got a few pool builder connections as I used to dig them. Again, good luck on your offers and if you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.
i was gonna say too late i already made offers..till i saw the last part Floyd Lamb "park" ..duhhh i thought you were recommending another community haha.

yes that would be great to chill in the park..maybe on a sunday afternoon

oh yes yes on the pool i will definitely talk to you about that hehe...hoping that i get the house of course...nothing big just a small one for the summer something with an affordable monthly.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:14 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,952,183 times
So, what address did you use when you got your drivers license? I was wondering if you could be licensed in two states. I suppose if you had property in both you could. Reason I ask is that I have a gym membership here and they won't let me out of the contract until I have a valid NV license.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
So, what address did you use when you got your drivers license? I was wondering if you could be licensed in two states. I suppose if you had property in both you could. Reason I ask is that I have a gym membership here and they won't let me out of the contract until I have a valid NV license.
im already renting a room in las vegas..i did surrender my ca license
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas