Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:55 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Haven't you people ever seen "Stand By Me?"
Yes, but what does 4 kids hiking to see a dead body have to do with it?

I assume you meant "Lean on Me"?

"They used to call me 'Crazy Joe', now they can call me Batman!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 07:07 PM

32 posts, read 621,136 times
I don't understand why would someone declare themself a "rainbow family" why not just say "family"??? Is there something special about a "rainbow family" over a regular family?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,064 times
Default To answer your question.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
I don't understand why would someone declare themself a "rainbow family" why not just say "family"??? Is there something special about a "rainbow family" over a regular family?

To answer your question.....We specify that bc of the prejudice that still exists on homosexual couples i.e "families", in this day and age. There is not special about the term just the ignorant questions that follow.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
It all depends on where you move I suppose if you get ignorant questions. Here in Las Vegas people are more open. I cannot say the same for the bible belt for instance.
I have a sister in California that worries where she can live because she is white and her kids are mixed race.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:04 AM

818 posts, read 3,698,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Yes, but what does 4 kids hiking to see a dead body have to do with it?

I assume you meant "Lean on Me"?

"They used to call me 'Crazy Joe', now they can call me Batman!"

Whoops! I actually meant "Stand and Deliver", but I guess the moment has passed.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Stand and Deliver was Edward James Olmos
Lean on Me was Morgan Freeman as principal Joe Clark......running his school wioth a baseball bat

Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM

687 posts, read 4,405,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It all depends on where you move I suppose if you get ignorant questions. Here in Las Vegas people are more open. I cannot say the same for the bible belt for instance.
I have a sister in California that worries where she can live because she is white and her kids are mixed race.
You will have no problem here with your situation, extremely open. The thing I really hate about Vegas is that alot of people here have no morales. It's not the gay thing so much, but some of the things people say and do here. It's pretty sad when I take my kids out and have to see a woman wearing a shirt that says "lick my p----"! I never saw half the stuff in my small California town that I see here. I cant wait to get my family out of here someday! I am also offended by the amount of rude bumper stickers that I see here also.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,785,095 times
Won't find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow in Vegas.

Stand By Me is a great movie.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
You will have no problem here with your situation, extremely open. The thing I really hate about Vegas is that alot of people here have no morales. It's not the gay thing so much, but some of the things people say and do here. It's pretty sad when I take my kids out and have to see a woman wearing a shirt that says "lick my p----"! I never saw half the stuff in my small California town that I see here. I cant wait to get my family out of here someday! I am also offended by the amount of rude bumper stickers that I see here also.
Comeon that is bad taste redneck. Much more common in TX or AZ.

The Vegas thing is Bimbos. Even the Admiral sees one so striking or off the wall she points her out.

Bimbo watching is great fun whatever your sexual proclivity may be...

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
Well that's one t-shirt i haven't seen yet. Anyone that would wear one in public is just an idiot or illiterate.
The only bumper stickers I see too much of out here is the "honor student" ones.
They always say "My son/daughter was an honor student at such and such school." They never finish and say what they are doing now. Did they end up being serial killers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas