Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:00 PM

45 posts, read 273,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOHR View Post
Snyders of Berlin BBQ potato chips. My family of course. But surprisingly not as much as I did when I lived in Phoenix. Having your own kids fills that void.
We're going back for a visit this summer and I can tell you I am not looking forward to the humidity and mosquitos It's going to be a non-stop visiting spree I know I will need a vacation after that trip. Visiting both sides of the family and friends is going to be exhausting!!!!
I could mail you some snyders... they are in our vending machine in the lunch room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 10:05 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
Sometimes I miss the rain and that energy in the air just before a nice summer afternoon thunderstorm. Also, miss Cedar Point.
Hang on a while. When we have thunderstorms both you and the pooch may well get a ride. Enjoy....These are the wildest thunderstorms I have seen in a reasonably long life. Don't last long but they are locally savage. Only thing up is a tornado. ....

Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 PM

93 posts, read 290,438 times
I miss having the option of not having to drive ANYWHERE at all. (subway)

Dominican food from Brista's on Castle Hill, Bronx.

Inexpensive beauty parlors/nail salons.

The crab legs from Lindenwood Diner in Brooklyn.

White Castle (I know they have them in the frozen food section) in the air as soon as you get within a couple of blocks and watching them being made.

Jackson Hole, where they have the biggest burgers and the best pickles.

Mom and Pop pizza shops.

AND WALKING THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 AM

103 posts, read 327,160 times
On my way there mid august and let me tell you I won't miss a thing from florida, been here 7 years and so anxious to move away. I do however miss from NJ (my born in state) the tastykakes and REAL CHEESESTEAKS! Had to go home to visit just for a good cheesesteak...and Herr's potato chips, can't get those anywhere but the north east I believe, my family sends me the chips and tastykakes. Thank goodness I'm making one last trip to NJ before the move to LV...now I'm hungry! As for the family is concerned they are the reason I'm moving! I love em but we get along better the further apart we live. The day you have that epiphany that you actually ARE better than your family is a very sad day. (hey I didn't make them trailer trash, the did that on their own when they moved to florida and moved into the trailer park)

Old 06-10-2008, 12:22 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
I miss all the lush greenery all over the place, and the four seasons.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:24 AM

17 posts, read 42,636 times
Whataburger

Old 06-10-2008, 12:42 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Default Clarksburg, WV

Ritzy Lunch hot dogs. Ritzy Lunch - Clarksburg, WV

Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 AM

172 posts, read 769,180 times
Default Cedar Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
Sometimes I miss the rain and that energy in the air just before a nice summer afternoon thunderstorm. Also, miss Cedar Point.
I am from Columbus and would drive to Cedar Point throughout the summer. I miss it too.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
I miss shoveling snow from September to May....driving in a blizzard.....tornado warnings... no school cause there's 8 feet of snow in front of the school door.... Mosquitos...horse flys ....

hmmmmmmm maybe i'm finally loosin it......

Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I miss shoveling snow from September to May....driving in a blizzard.....tornado warnings... no school cause there's 8 feet of snow in front of the school door.... Mosquitos...horse flys ....

hmmmmmmm maybe i'm finally loosin it......
If you are finally "loosin" it, that means your pants are loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas