Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times

Advertisements

yep...NJ was a pain in the AXE......

"Happiness is Atlantic City in the rear view mirror"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 18,710 times
I am an ex-felon because I did not stop immediately for a cop, then when the arrest was made, I was put in jail for 6 months, then into a half-way house where I was not able to pay the rent there due to the fact that I had no I.D. and within the first 30 days you are demanded to acquire I.D. get a job and pay your rent. Impossible. Can you say catch 22? I then left the half- way house and was charged with felony escape and was put into prison in Nevada for 2 years. 1 for the evading and another for the so- called escape charge. That is considered a red flag in Vegas!! Not one employer, not even McDonalds will hire me. I have contacted the gaming board, the attorney general and the sheriffs Dpt. to assist me on regaining my gaming, sheriffs card and my work card, think they care? Who can I turn to, to assist me in my perplexed and problematic situation?

Last edited by siciliangirl702; 09-17-2009 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
methinks there is MORE to this story.....turn to yoursekf....man[woman] up n take care of business.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 12,298 times
So. I have a question regarding a sheriffs work card NOT a gaming card. In 1985 start of the war on drugs I plead guilty of a felony drug possession charge (something you would probably get drug diversion for these days). I never had it expunged. I never had it be an obstacle to anything. Recently I had a DUI but that's about it for crimmanal history. Can I get a work card? What could disqualify me from getting such a work card? They are tight lipped about such things and I cant find a copy of the actual application online anywhere. Should I run the same reports they will and attach them. That way they can't use forgetting a driving misdemeanor or infraction as failure to disclose something. Are their attorneys to assist with the process?

rickincali

Old 10-22-2010, 03:47 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,153,795 times
IS the Sheriffs card the same as a Guard card?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 45,266 times
what if you were recent;ly arrested for something minor like a family domestic violence case? will u be denied a sherriff card?

Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 PM

422 posts, read 1,084,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadams View Post
what if you were recent;ly arrested for something minor like a family domestic violence case? will u be denied a sherriff card?
I don't think a domestic violence arrest is minor? Just my opinion, but here's what the website says about possibly being denied:

WHY WORK CARDS MAY BE DENIED
The following are examples of conditions that may lead to an applicant's card being denied or revoked. It does not include all the reasons a card may be denied or revoked.
  • An outstanding warrant of arrest.
  • Extensive criminal history.
  • Have had a work card previously revoked by Special Investigations.
  • Insufficient immigration documentation.
  • No certified copy of birth certificate if 25 years of age or younger.
  • Falsification of information on the referral slip.
  • Any other denial reason(s) so stated under Nevada Revised Statutes

Old 12-09-2010, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 12,133 times
to work as a security guard in the venetian, at the nightclub, do i need a sherriffs

Old 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 21,034 times
to renew my sheriffs card will it show that my green card is expired?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle20 View Post
to renew my sheriffs card will it show that my green card is expired?
Quite possibly. See #4 on the reasons to be denied list:

Certain conditions may cause Applicants to be denied or revoked:
1. An outstanding warrant of arrest.
2. Extensive criminal history
3. Previous work card revoked by the Gaming Control Board.
4. Insufficient immigration documentation.
5. No birth certificate if applying for a gaming position or a position that dispenses alcoholic beverages.
6. Falsification of information on the referral slip.
7. Any other denial reason(s) so stated under Nevada Revised Statutes.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas