Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 AM

404 posts, read 1,195,389 times

Advertisements

I am here back East putting out what I know will be my last Fall decorations (corn stalks, pumpkins, scarecrows, maple leaves, etc) as we will be in Mesquite next year at this time, and I know how you are feeling. However, the feeling is bittersweet as I cannot wait to put away the snow blower and the snow shovels.

I did find the following website and it lists places in Nevada (including Clark County) where there are fall festivals. Hopefully, this will help.

Where to find pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Hayrides and More in Nevada - and other useful Halloween information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitt View Post
I am here back East putting out what I know will be my last Fall decorations (corn stalks, pumpkins, scarecrows, maple leaves, etc) as we will be in Mesquite next year at this time, and I know how you are feeling. However, the feeling is bittersweet as I cannot wait to put away the snow blower and the snow shovels.

I did find the following website and it lists places in Nevada (including Clark County) where there are fall festivals. Hopefully, this will help.

Where to find pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Hayrides and More in Nevada - and other useful Halloween information!
That's nice to know, but be aware that except for Gilcrease Orchard, all of those are hundreds of miles from Las Vegas. Nevada is the 7th largest state, larger than many European countries, about 14 times as large as Vermont for instance. In fact most of our counties are larger than Vermont.

Last edited by Buzz123; 10-05-2008 at 12:01 PM..

Old 10-05-2008, 11:59 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,942,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitt View Post

Great site-thank you!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times
there's some kind of festival/carnival/pumpkin patch going on by me at LVBS and Windmill in a dirt lot on the SW corner by the One...i also saw something huge going on by the Silver Nugget as well...

Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
there's some kind of festival/carnival/pumpkin patch going on by me at LVBS and Windmill in a dirt lot on the SW corner by the One...i also saw something huge going on by the Silver Nugget as well...
There's one of those on Rampart at Alta too, but they just call them pumpkin patches. They are no different than a Christmas tree lot except they come in with rides, etc. But I take it they are looking for farms that grow pumpkins. I don't think Gilcrease grows pumpkins but I could be wrong. That site posted previously is so not user friendly, but if you stick with it you'll find farms in northern Nevada growing pumpkins. It's nice that long drives in Nevada are not a big deal, but most are overnighters or long weekends at the least.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 AM

when gilcrease was huge, they were growing pumpkins, maybe or maybe not now, i would call, or is there phone number still just an automated message?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
Gilcrease is doing something pumpkinny this year.......it was on the news a couple of days ago

Old 10-06-2008, 05:43 PM

85 posts, read 287,317 times
Gilcrease Ranch -out Jones, you can pick as many pumpkins as you want.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM

be careful, there is a lot of traffic in that area because of the ranch, don't want to bring up the already high traffic in 89131, lol...

Old 10-07-2008, 06:14 PM

10 posts, read 40,717 times
Spring Preserves is having a harvest festival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas