Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:41 PM

5 posts, read 17,893 times

Advertisements

I have read many threads about this, but none seem to really apply to me.

I will be moving to Las Vegas in about a month from San Francisco for a job in sales. I am a 25 year old single male looking for a two bedroom apartment or condo to rent for about $800-900 at most(if thats possible). I would like to live in a younger area with more focus on the nightlife (good bars, restaurants, movies, shopping, etc...). I am not overly concerned about safety, although its never a bad thing.

My job will be in outside sales, so I will be traveling around the Las Vegas area on a daily basis and will not need to be close to work. However, I will be frequenting the Northeast area once a week at most so if I can get there relatively easy that's a plus.

If anyone can help me find the perfect place for someone in my situation I would really appreciate it. Hope to hear from you soon!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 04:24 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
you should live in the north or northwest. don't recommend the northeast.. stay west of 15, north of craig

Old 09-07-2008, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,801 times
Mike,

I live in a 3 bedroom house, I have the master. I'll let you stay with me

Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
Default That is likely the best offer you are going to get...

I would suggest two options if Crystal does not work out....

South strip...tends to be very much young and very active.

Downtown. DM GuinessJim who does exactly that.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,690,452 times
downtown would make it easy to get to NE...

but I also live in south strip and it usually takes me 10-15 min to get to Cheyenne off of I-15...

Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal69 View Post
Mike,

I live in a 3 bedroom house, I have the master. I'll let you stay with me
With a sign-on name like that...you'd be crazy not to take this deal, Mike! (Unless, of course, 69 means a Woodstock baby who is hooked on crystal meth )

Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 AM

5 posts, read 17,893 times
Thanks for all the help so far. Are there any other areas great for young people? Once again, living close to the Northeast is just a plus. The most important thing for me is a living in an younger, fun area.

Crystal, let me know a few more things about your place (rent, location, etc.).

Thanks,

Mike

Old 09-08-2008, 10:18 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,416,286 times
hey mike:

i would whole heartedly suggest the downtown neighborhoods (huntridge, marycrest, south ridge) IF i knew anything about the apt/condo situation. my guess is you could get a small house for about what you are looking to spend in rent, but if you are apt/condo bound, i can't offer much suggestion as to what complexes to look at. there are some new, cool looking lofts popping up in downtown proper, but i have no idea on rent and the area seems to be a bit more sketchy over there at night.

benefits: close to downtown night life (east fremont area, FSE, south downtown aka dino's, art bar, etc.), close enuf to the strip w/o actually having to deal w/ it (i don't go there often, but it is nice to have it ~10 min away), you get a house w/ yard and maybe trees (i have dogs, so hugely important for me), area is a mix of young and established residents, might give you options for your commute that don't involve going through the spaghetti bowl

drawbacks: older neighborhoods mean you can get places w/ lets just say unique characteristics (both w/ respect to the house and the neighborhood), surrounding areas can be a bit rough (depending on what you are used to), might be a further commute than you want.

personally, i wouldn't live anywhere else...the area suits me very well (quiet neighborhood w/in walking distance (mile or so) from the fun).

i have a friend that just moved to the green valley area and loves it....but that is kinda the opposite direction from the NE.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:24 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,394,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you should live in the north or northwest. don't recommend the northeast.. stay west of 15, north of craig
agree, many brand new apartment complexes can be found near Tropical Pkwy & 5th St and near Centennial & Losee in the city of North Las Vegas. You will have easy access to the NE and avoid the construction on I-15 as it will get worse.
However, if you're looking for nightlife, younger people look near the strip and UNLV but AVOID the square area of Maryland Pkwy, Flamingo, Paradise and Desert Inn.
Some nice apartments can be found west of Tropicana & Decatur in the SW

Old 09-08-2008, 03:39 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,715,833 times
How about the area around the district in Henderson? I thought that was a hot spot for mid 20's to early 30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas