Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 AM

19 posts, read 106,901 times

Advertisements

First of all, I want to thank all of you who replied in this thread and gave out some very valuable advice. All the help is very appreciated. Thank you again!

beachrescue, you seem to be very negative person when it comes to Vegas. I'm a friendly person and I never had hard time making friends and developing close relationships with them. I was in Vegas for only 3 days and already became friends with some people who reside in Vegas, not close friends or anything like that but people who I can have conversation with and get to know one another. And beachrescue you say if I want sun and a sunshine state I should go to Florida. Florida has a nice weather but Las Vegas is THE ONLY place in this country that has no hurricanes, no tornadoes, no earthquakes or anything like Florida does. I'm sorry but I don't like having my house blown away and live in fear like many people do who live in Florida. And your last comment calling me young, juvenile - before you say stuff like that first find out who I really am and what I've been through in my life. Judging me by my post won't do you any good - but thanks for your reply anyways - nothing taken personally.

beachrescue, I'm moving from a town in Boston called Revere. My house is 2 min away from the ocean view.

I have experience mostly in the fitness industry. I am planning on getting ACE/ISSA cerf. for a personal trainer. My goal is to own a gym one day.

Right now I work for SPORTS CLUB & LA. Used to manage a place for 5 months and was a lead receptionist until company made some changes. I still am employed with them for 2 yrs now. How's the income ?? Not so great to be honest. Enough to have food on the table, pay some bills and that's about it. But I'm 15450% sure I would be making this salary in Vegas too, probably even more.

My goal is to save money. Every pay check to put $100 to $200 aside. Once I get enough money that will help me pay rent for 3-4 months while I find work. I seriously, honestly think Vegas is the right place for me. I'm just not happy in Boston that's all. Again, my #1 reason is the constant bad weather....how on earth can anyone live here is beyond me.

Once again, I want to thank all of you for warm support and all the help.

Dennis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas