Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 AM

420 posts, read 899,331 times

Advertisements

I too would recommend the DMV on Decatur. Better luck on your next test!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,142,991 times
This is the driver school that I sent my son to. They offer brush-up classes for adults who have not driven in a long time, as well as instruction for newbies. You can arrange to take the test in one of their cars and since they have a great reputation with the DMV, you are almost guaranteed to pass your driving test when you tool up in one of their cars.

Safeway Driving School

Old 10-05-2013, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,276 times
The driving test on Decatur is not always the same route, and it's not necessarily the most quiet streets; parallel parking can either be first or last. I got the toughest test on the busier streets and it took almost 25 mins.( most only take 15-20 mins.), and there're so many school zones! Afterwards they'll have you in a room and lecture you what you did wrong. It's not always easy, all depends which examiner you've got. Parallel parking is tough but as long as you don't hit the curb or barrels, it'll just be a few points. Watch out for school zones, hidden speed limit signs, signal and turn your head to look when changing lanes, stop fully on stop sign; some stuff are auto fail! Practice the surrounding area as much as you can, and you'll pass!

Old 03-12-2015, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,410 times
I am a new resident in las vegas, i dont have a car ....
Do you know how about i can take a driver test?! Say to me tnxxxxxx

Old 03-12-2015, 03:25 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,795,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisham View Post
I am a new resident in las vegas, i dont have a car ....
Do you know how about i can take a driver test?! Say to me tnxxxxxx
Borrow a car or have a friend rent one for you.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:35 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,823,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Borrow a car or have a friend rent one for you.
Or get a refresher from a driving school and use their car...see NLVgal post just above.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,410 times
thanks Ivoc and raiderman

but I dont have any friends here.
do you know any option?
I asked from DMV about getting car of refresher but they said cant not do it.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times
Perisham, how may I ask did you get a car for the test? I found this post hoping for information helping me resolve the same problem. -I went to Safeway Driving School already and gave them far too much money and passed some test thing so that I could use their car... then when I called to do it, they changed their mind and wanted me to start giving money for more lessons. I felt extorted and in saying no, I can't find any other options....

Old 01-09-2018, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 757 times
Default Flamingo and jones

Don't goto the one on flamingo and Cimmaron. Mr.s Puff barley passed me. It seemed like she hated her job or just doesn't like people. Or maybe she thought I was younger. I'm 30 years old.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:11 PM

10 posts, read 9,264 times
Oh damn reading this thread. I stupidly allowed my license to expire when I was out of the country awhile back & need to do a road test myself. I've never parallel parked in my life. I've gone out of my way to avoid parallel parking since I first started driving lol. Guess I need to get a bike or I'll just wait til they got those automated cars. Elon Musk & all those guys need to hurry up.

For as bad as people drive here, never lived somewhere with so many accidents & people getting hit by cars, I kinda assumed getting a license would be a breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas