Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

anyone see elvis lately? i hear he lives in north las vegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 11:51 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Costello?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:11 AM

Thank you, thank you very much...

Old 12-07-2008, 01:16 PM

251 posts, read 767,808 times
two weeks ago, carrot top came in at the rei in summerlin. not sure if he counts as a celebrity though.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:02 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Lets see, I have met many, these are the ones who hired me to perform my magic in their homes.

Starting from the most famous:
Celine Dion and then manager Renee
Mike Tyson
Robin Givins
Mark Slaughter from the 80s rock band Slaughter
Lance Malone (the shamed Clark Cty Commisioner who went down in the G-string trial)
Tiger Woods (despite his denial he does or did own a very large home in Rhodes Ranch)
Buddy Hackett's son Sandy. They both sure were animal lovers !
Catfish Hunter (Oakland As pitcher. Sadly he died 5 months later)
Robert Allen (from the hit LV musical Splash) He also does stand up comedy on the strip in clubs. I built his recording studios behind Boulder Station which today is in disrepair and seemingly abandanded.

Then the ones I actually met which had nothing to do with work. Something more then just a notice in a crowd, those I met:

David Crosby and his long lost son James Raymond
Judy Collins and her family
Neil Shoen from Journey
Carrot Top (wife knows him well enough to call friend) Red heads stick together he always says)
Smokey Robertson at the Thai restaurant Lotus of Siam on Sahara. He says its his favorite restarant in all of LV. I think it's mine too. He is easy to find on a Saturday night there. He almost always orders Seared Scallops.

Then there is a list of names whom I worked for who I promised never to revel their names:

Member of Aerosmith who has a home in Henderson
Offensive Tackle for Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lives in Southern Highlands
Clark County Judge who lives in Summerlin whom you all seen on TV
MLB player for the Minnesota Twins up in Lone Mountian not too far from our own Olecapt.
A WWE Wrestler and 5 time weight lifting champ

Just sightings but did not meet:
Ricky Cheese from channel 13 news who's mother lived right behind me at Cimmaron and Westcliff
Gladys Knight shopping in the Alladin

Those I want to meet:
Reba McEntire
Jennifer Nettles
Phil Collins

Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 PM

24 posts, read 79,198 times
Carrot Top is at the 24 hour fitness on W. Sahara a lot. I also saw Lawrence Taylor (hall of fame football player) at V-bar at the Venetian a couple months ago. Rev Run or Run DMC at Hard Rock.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:47 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Having worked in television and directed shows that had all the top entertainers as guests, I can't get too excited about this thread. But I will tell you this story. I once belonged to the old Sporting House Athletic Club on Industrial Road. I'd see a lot of well known people in there, but the best was when I saw Rodney Dangerfield in the shower. I almost said...but couldn't get up the nerve...I see why you get no respect.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 PM

oh man.. ouch!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:51 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz123 View Post
having worked in television and directed shows that had all the top entertainers as guests, i can't get too excited about this thread. But i will tell you this story. I once belonged to the old sporting house athletic club on industrial road. I'd see a lot of well known people in there, but the best was when i saw rodney dangerfield in the shower. I almost said...but couldn't get up the nerve...i see why you get no respect.

lol:d

Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 PM

30 posts, read 72,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I saw Rodney Dangerfield in the shower. I almost said...but couldn't get up the nerve...I see why you get no respect.
He used to get similar jokes during his stand-up routine and was quite adept at dealing with hecklers. When someone in the crowd yelled out "your **** is too small", he'd say "Glad you remembered!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas