Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 17,137 times

Advertisements

What part of Las Vegas would I find a storefront or business with an apartment on top or living quarters attached? I want to buy this type of property for under $225k.

Does this sound reasonable? I'd like it to be within a 45 minute commute to the airport, average or less crime area and a place where small businesses are able to survive & grow. My plan is to live in the apartment and rent out the storefront or business.

Since this would have living quarters with it, anyone know if it would it qualify for a "regular" home owners mortgage?

What would be the best way to track this place down?

I appreciate your time and help - Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Try The District at Green Valley Ranch. I don't know what the units to live in cost, but you can have your store front downstairs and your living area upstairs.
There was also another type of place being built/thought of being built in the newer Northeast part of North Las Vegas. Somewhere by the 5th street corridor. I don't recall the name though.
Maybe if you did a search for live/work units you could find it.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times
i can't think of any place like that here, unfortunately this is not an urban East Coast city, where you would find places like that...i wish it was more like that though, it would be able to be very walkable, i don't know where you can find a place that small businesses would be able to thrive and grow here, except for Boulder City, but i don't think there's even any properties there that have living quarters above...

Old 02-05-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Try The District at Green Valley Ranch. I don't know what the units to live in cost, but you can have your store front downstairs and your living area upstairs.
There was also another type of place being built/thought of being built in the newer Northeast part of North Las Vegas. Somewhere by the 5th street corridor. I don't recall the name though.
Maybe if you did a search for live/work units you could find it.
would be very difficult to have an independent store at the District, especially in Green Valley overall and you wouldn't own the storefront, you would lease it, maybe check out Downtown Henderson, very crimey, but they may or may not have what you need, but i don't know anyone who really sees going to Downtown Henderson as a place to shop or do something exciting except to get a 99 cent or so shrimp cocktail...

Old 02-05-2009, 07:15 PM

lvkid, there was or is a place like the OP wanted in the newer part of the NE part of NLV. They were touted as "live/work" places.
I don't know if they ever built them all, but it was in last years RJ's Real Estate section. They were nice places. A great idea at the time. I just cannot recall the name. If i run across info from back then, then i'll post the name here.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM

it is a very good idea, actually! i hope something like that does get built...actually come to think of it, i think i know what you're talking about, i saw a billboard over here for them but they changed the billboard so it is possible that they have sold out or that they weren't finished, i can't remember the name either, if we find it, it would be cool to see if it is still there or even finished...

Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,633 times
There are some places like this along Nellis Blvd, most are used car sales lots, or tire repair shops. They look like houses that have been turn into business.

Aside from that as others have said you might not find what you are looking for. Hope it works out.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM

there's a lot of houses around the valley that have been converted to commercial, but once that's done, i don't think you can live there anymore...

Here's a thought, what about converting the first floor of a second story house to a storefront and then living on the top, there's many houses on South Eastern north of Russell, however I don't think those homes have housing on top, but offices, i don't even know if this kind of thing is even allowed...

Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM

Ok, I did a search for "Live/Work spaces in Las Vegas." This is what came up:

Live / Work Space in Southeast Loft District (http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/off/1020037313.html - broken link)

LoopNet - Metreon Live/Work lofts, Office Condo, 9512 W Flamingo, Las Vegas, NV

Las Vegas Real Estate Blog // Recent Blog Entries // live work lofts las vegas // BlogCatalog (http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/las-vegas-real-estate-blog-3/posts/tag/live%20work%20lofts%20las%20vegas/ - broken link)
This is the one in North Las Vegas. It's being delayed.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 17,137 times
Thank you - this is great info! I've looked at these places online and will check them out next weekend. I'll update this thread as I see/learn more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas