Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 07:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times

Advertisements

Forgot to say that I am happy to know that you made it back to Orlando safely.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
Davie, glad you made it back safely. Good luck with school, it's a great field to study for with a lot of potential.

We checked out Nove Italiano last night at Palms with friends from Santa Rosa, very nice restaurant on the 51st floor with great views of The Strip. Their shrimp franchaise was top notch along with lamb chops and death by potatoes.

A couple of things surprised me with the change of ownership. First was how dead it was on a Friday night, tables were void of people. Second is that new ownership decided not to renew lease with Kids Quest and they have been told to close next Tuesday. Obviously, my wife was pretty ticked off when we found out.

Oh well, guess we'll be taking our business over to Red Rock or Texas Station.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:29 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
There is a new thrift store in town. At Craig/MLK, near the 99cent store. Epic thrift store. 1435 W.Craig. It is similar to the Savers stores, but lower prices. For anyone looking for furniture, they had a lot of it, and the prices were ok. There is supposed to be a 25% off coupon for their store through valpak.com. It's good for your entire purchase. They need to get more books in stock. I only brought home 5 this trip.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
There is a new thrift store in town. At Craig/MLK, near the 99cent store. Epic thrift store. 1435 W.Craig. It is similar to the Savers stores, but lower prices. For anyone looking for furniture, they had a lot of it, and the prices were ok. There is supposed to be a 25% off coupon for their store through valpak.com. It's good for your entire purchase. They need to get more books in stock. I only brought home 5 this trip.
IMO for a thrift store, Savers isnt so cheap. Unlike the Salvation Army or Goodwill, Savers is a for profit company

Old 02-19-2012, 03:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
IMO for a thrift store, Savers isnt so cheap. Unlike the Salvation Army or Goodwill, Savers is a for profit company
If you re-read my post, it says the store is LIKE Savers, but lower prices. Meaning the new thrift store is lower than Savers!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Davie-I just read your link to Las Vegas where you explain what your plan is. Good for you! I share your love of automobiles and Nissan is on a nice roll...and not just lately. I would love to have a 1968-1972 era Datsun 510 4-door sedan to have and to work on. Hopefully I could land one that is mostly there and not have to restore it totally...my wife and I are making payments on a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS that only has 80,800 miles on it so we're set automotively for quite some time given today's timetable for car replacement...they say 250,000 miles is not that hard to obtain on the newer rigs. So I won't be shopping anytime in the next 5 years at least for a new rig.

But getting trained to service and repair Nissan's is one smart move, man, and let me just tell you, Davie. You will succeed...as you know I have been on here for a while, as well as a lot of us on here. True, I never lived in Vegas but finally went there for the first time in early April 2010. I would not rule out a return to the state of Nevada one day for us...who knows. But I have gotten to know you on here, I know it's only online, but it counts for knowing someone's drive and ambition...and desires, etc.

You will make it because you have the gift of perseverance. I have that gift as well. You will make it and who knows...maybe you can return to Vegas one day. I wouldn't count you out, no how, no way.

As far as Albuquerque goes, when living in SE Arizona my wife, son and I went to Grants, NM, to see Foghat. I believe it was in July of 2007. The show was rain and winded out. Nasty storm. The cops in Grants, NM, are rude and abrupt. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near Grant, NM. While on the way home to Arizona we went to Albuquerque to sight-see and get something to eat. I see why you're interested in that city...we ate at an Italian restaurant just south of downtown and it was a good experience, good food. New Mexico has a very different "feel" to it than Arizona, right off hand I would say I prefer the red/brown of the rocks/mountains offset by the beautiful blue skies of Arizona much more than the beauty of New Mexico's landscape. However, NM has potential...I haven't been around Santa Fe yet...I have been over to Lovington, Hobbs and Roswell and I can tell you that the eastern portion of NM is nothing really special...Dog Canyon is sort of interesting southeast of Carlsbad and southwest of Lovington...it is beautiful and vast and open...a huge vastness to it...and it's set aside as parkland completely.

Anyhow, good fortune to you and I'm really glad you're pursuing a worthy skill...it's just the way it needs to go for a lot of us out here. Thanks for letting us know what you're up to and enjoy your family, friends and homeland there in Orlando, FL.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 PM

127 posts, read 227,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The idiot cops that did the kicking should lose their jobs! Not the police chief, unless she condoned it all and trained her cops to do this. Which I kind of doubt.
Or maybe she was just fed up with taking heat for this kind of crap and decided to retire out.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I stay clear of these places, and I won't come near the Broadacre's Swap Meet as I have no willpower for bargains. Many of the items I don't even need, but I buy them anyway because they're a bargain!

When I first moved here in 1996, I got too addicted to Broadacre Swap Meet and my house slowly started filling up with bargains.

Garage sales, Community Neighborhood Sales are just as tempting for me!
Keep me away from these bargains!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:34 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Here's an interesting tidbit....I'm having an issue with a Honda... IF you have a Honda Hybrid, and you bought it and registered it in California.. and then moved to Nevada... guess what happened to your warranty.... It changed big time! The hybrid battery has a 10yr/150k warranty if the car has Cali emissions, but once you move, the warranty plumets to 8yr/80k

Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 PM

44 posts, read 43,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Here's an interesting tidbit....I'm having an issue with a Honda... IF you have a Honda Hybrid, and you bought it and registered it in California.. and then moved to Nevada... guess what happened to your warranty.... It changed big time! The hybrid battery has a 10yr/150k warranty if the car has Cali emissions, but once you move, the warranty plumets to 8yr/80k
What happens if you go back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas