Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times

Advertisements

A gun? No.

I catch and release bugs in my house, I can't imagine shooting snakes

Now, scorpions? That's a different story. Those guys will get no mercy. I hope to never encounter one

Old 12-11-2013, 06:22 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
A gun? No.

I catch and release bugs in my house, I can't imagine shooting snakes

Now, scorpions? That's a different story. Those guys will get no mercy. I hope to never encounter one
Agreed. I am no fan of those creatures.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Phoenix does have its rattlesnake problem, which we don't have here in Las Vegas, particularly if you're close to the hills.

When I lived in Phoenix (1993-1996) I'd occasionally see pictures in the newspapers of a snake found in someone's garage or courtyard. I worked in a Chiropractor's office, and one of the clients lived up north of Lincoln Drive in a townhouse complex, and she told me, true or false, she shot 18 snakes one year!

Do you have a gun, Elle Tea?
Please don't spread the fallacy that Phoenix as a whole has a "rattlesnake problem". In some of the areas bordering the open desert, particularly east of I-17, they do find their way into houses. I have a hard time believing the 18 snakes in a year, but it's possible. Again, there's open desert right there next to that area.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:17 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Anyone else find these newer LED tail lights on cars annoying? I was at an intersection tonite, near the Strip, there was one of these cars with the wall-to-wall LED lights, I put my windshield visor down, didn't do a lot of good, Grrrr! Maybe I should take my sunglasses along at night!

And I'm sure that all the car manufacturers are going to go this route eventually!

With distance, they look pretty, but I read on an Automotive forum, when these lights go kaput, you're looking at replacements costs of $300+!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:31 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Anyone else find these newer LED tail lights on cars annoying? I was at an intersection tonite, near the Strip, there was one of these cars with the wall-to-wall LED lights, I put my windshield visor down, didn't do a lot of good, Grrrr! Maybe I should take my sunglasses along at night!

And I'm sure that all the car manufacturers are going to go this route eventually!

With distance, they look pretty, but I read on an Automotive forum, when these lights go kaput, you're looking at replacements costs of $300+!
What's worse are all the people with burned out tail lights. And the people with no lights on at all driving around at night. Are they drunk or sleeping? I always wonder. And this is in area's nowhere near the Strip so they can't say it's too bright, they don't need lights. It's dark.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:48 PM

I don't like the ones that look blue. (car headlights) They kind of hurt my eyes.

And, I just realized I got my first star

Last edited by ElleTea; 12-13-2013 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 08:24 PM

I think one of the reasons I see so many cars with a missing headlight or taillight is, with some of these newer cars, you have to take it to the dealer to get a new bulb put in. My friend in Arkansas has a car where she's forced to take it to a dealer for a new bulb.

On my 1985 Toyota, it's a piece of cake to change a bulb. Just need a screwdriver. $10 for a new headlight!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I think one of the reasons I see so many cars with a missing headlight or taillight is, with some of these newer cars, you have to take it to the dealer to get a new bulb put in. My friend in Arkansas has a car where she's forced to take it to a dealer for a new bulb.

On my 1985 Toyota, it's a piece of cake to change a bulb. Just need a screwdriver. $10 for a new headlight!
They want people to THINK you have to take it to a dealer, but most anything you need is on You Tube. I should know, I have a Beetle, and VW wants you to see the dealer to fill the washer fluid. Or to wash it. I am only slightly exaggerating.

The headlights on my car are a bit complicated, but they can be taken out if you find a video telling you how. When my dad needed to take out the alternator, someone on a Beetle forum said you can either take half the engine apart to get it out...OR, just remove the passenger headlight and pull the alternator through the hole. We did the latter thanks to You Tube. I set my Netbook up on the engine block and he followed step by step

Taillights are also a bit tricky, but a VW buddy suggested using a toilet plunger to pop it off. It worked

Old 12-13-2013, 09:03 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
on the Mgm mirage employment site, if you forget your username, how do you retrieve it.... ? Looking for my wife, but applied years ago and the site says she has an account with her ssn.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
They want people to THINK you have to take it to a dealer, but most anything you need is on You Tube. I should know, I have a Beetle, and VW wants you to see the dealer to fill the washer fluid. Or to wash it. I am only slightly exaggerating.

The headlights on my car are a bit complicated, but they can be taken out if you find a video telling you how. When my dad needed to take out the alternator, someone on a Beetle forum said you can either take half the engine apart to get it out...OR, just remove the passenger headlight and pull the alternator through the hole. We did the latter thanks to You Tube. I set my Netbook up on the engine block and he followed step by step

Taillights are also a bit tricky, but a VW buddy suggested using a toilet plunger to pop it off. It worked
One of my neighbors has one of those newer VW Beetles, and I'll have to tell him about the Youtube video's on how to do repairs on it, as he's cursed the day he ever bought that car, so difficult to do repairs.

But how many people, busy as they are, want to go through all that work to make a simple repair, like changing a bulb! Why should it be so difficult!!!

I rent cars when I go out of town, and everytime I return the car to Enterprise, I all but go back to my 85 Supra, in the garage, and kiss its fenders! I rented a new Chevy Cruze, last time, my first keyless ignition car, they didn't even tell me, didn't even know how to get it started! And then when I found out how expensive it costs to replace that Fob, if you lose it, Y-I-K-E-S!!! One of my co-worker's friend's dog chewed up her Fob, cost her $850 to replace it!

Hear ye, Hear ye, auto manufacturers: Simplicity is a sure sign of maturity!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-13-2013 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Add lines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas