Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:18 PM

194 posts, read 398,232 times

Advertisements

FAR NW, next to 95 hmm. In escrow, 2 toddlers, wife. On our way soon.

A couple people have told me, realtor included, that they'd never live that far out. We don't plan on hitting the strip except for maybe once a week.

It looks like schools and shopping is reasonably close.

Im guessing 30-40 min from strip. I work from home so commutes are nice once in a while.

Anybody encounter problems living this far out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,159,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblud View Post
I think your expectations are a bit high. I'm in escrow on a 2k sq ft. home in a good NW gated neighborhood, huge park. These places are renting from $1k-1,200 and cost around $140k
Sounds like you are already happy and set with where you will be living. Probably does not matter what advice we give you now. What are your to major cross streets?

Quote:
RE said 60 day escrow but I heard it could last anywhere from 30-90.

Trying to think of things I should arrange while waiting.

Is there anything you should have done in escrow that you regret not pre-arranging?

I've got car service, a painter and carpet service in mind.
Any other suggetions that could help me save time in the boring escrow wait?
Maybe you can do a couple of test runs to see exactly how long it will take you to get back and fourth to the strip.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM

I just Googled that zip code. Now I know where that area is. I have two co-workers that live out that way. There is good news and bad news...

Bad news- It is FAAAAAAAAR. Way out in the middle of nowhere. Dont expect too many visitors(could be good or bad), Probably a solid 45 minutes from the strip(give or take)

Good news- At least you are near the 215(the stretched out part lol), hardly any crime, pretty peaceful, great obstructed view of the mountains, no nearby traffick.

One thing that I notice about my co-workers who live out that way, all of thier BBQs are pretty lame. Hardly anyone shows up for any event that they have. Even the free Pay per view fights. They all rather stop by my house...LOL(I live south of Aliante)

Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,910 times
Default dgray0007

Hello, I am a new member. Hoping to use this site to help me find employment. Youngblood you say you work from home, how is that going and it it a way I can find out if it may help me. If anyone else has heard anything please let me know. My unemployment ran out June 13th and I need to find a job, so far there has been many listings lying saying they are hiring but they are definitely not, what is that about.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Its NW of the Durango and 95. Car dealership looks far, hope little league sports is close, if it even exists.

0 crime! Wary of visitors unless you're female and hot!

We're def. paleo people so i'll be pimping out the bbq, thx Von.

dgray, I have some investments but am mainly into affiliate marketing. Lots of places to earn commisions on the net, maintream and adult. Even tho your a hijacker... If I can offer a bit of advice, to someone starting out.

Learn how to build simple websites, register 100 domains, get cheap hosting, link them all together, and teach yourself to get #1 rankings in google. It's easier than a lot of people think. If you can get traffic to your sites, you can make money and that means learning search engines (SEO). then find a great product to sell or promote. Patience, time and hard work. Gluck man.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray0007 View Post
Hello, I am a new member. Hoping to use this site to help me find employment. Youngblood you say you work from home, how is that going and it it a way I can find out if it may help me. If anyone else has heard anything please let me know. My unemployment ran out June 13th and I need to find a job, so far there has been many listings lying saying they are hiring but they are definitely not, what is that about.
Maybe you should make a seperate thread about Vegas jobs where you can work from home. May get more replys that wy.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:22 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Google maps estimates it will take you 30-40 minutes to get to the Strip.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:58 PM

ooo I see Aliante is kinda close. so I can go there to place my sports bets, if they have one. Assuming it doesnt suck.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:18 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
ooo I see Aliante is kinda close. so I can go there to place my sports bets, if they have one. Assuming it doesnt suck.
You could go to Red Rock too. That's actually my favorite place to go and they have a really nice sports betting area. I dislike Aliante. They don't have a good ventilation system and since I'm sensitive to smoke I get headaches just walking to the theaters. I hardly smell anything when I go to Red Rock.

Also...I don't think it will take you that long to get to the Strip since you live near the 215.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:30 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times
Unless you plan on going to the strip allot don't worry about it. Especially since you work from home it shouldn't be a problem. I think it's funny when people say it's 45 miles you would think they were walking instead of driving. As you saw when you looked out there, other people live out there as well it's not like your moving to an island. Enjoy yourself and don't second guess yourself you'll just drive yourself crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas