Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:39 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

o is awesome, danny gans is awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 PM

71 posts, read 254,357 times
I haven't been to all of the shows, however, Ka, Blue Man Group, and Stomp Out Loud were among my favorites. In addition to those shows I have seen La Reve and Mystere. They were good but I wouldn't go back for second time, whereas I would re-see my fav's.

As for stand up comedy, I have enjoyed the Comedy Stop at the Trop. I'm not sure if is still there or not. The venue is so-so at best but it's inexpensive and has had great comedians each time I have been there. I would love to see Jay Leno when he's in town and also Wayne Brady, although, it's hard to get a night out with two little ones.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 7,691 times
When we were out there the first time we saw George Wallace at the Flamingo... Was truly the most hilarious show I've ever seen. We also saw Anthony Cools, the hypnotist awesome as well, very funny guy. The other show I saw wasn't a regular show, it was a special appearance and that was Howie Mandel when he played MGM Grand... And I'll just say he was really funny, and if by some chance he comes to town you should try to catch him.

The second time I was out there I saw Stomp Out Loud which I didn't even know what it was when I got tickets, just wanted to see something. Turned out to be a great show. I'd defiantly suggest that. Also saw Phantom of the Opera... Not my cup of tea, but everyone I was with loved it. And I will say it is a very good production even if I'm not into that sort of thing.

And the last time I was there we saw Vinnie Favorito, which is very funny but just be warned you should have thick skin going to his show as the guy makes fun of damn near everyone in his crowd. We also saw Steve Wyrick this past visit... And honestly with the exception of one trick I thought it was very lackluster... Of course I'm not really into the magic thing. Just went cause my group wanted to. I know I personally wouldn't go again, if you're into that sort of thing you may like it though.

I'll try to remember the other ones we saw, but those are the ones that stick out in my memory without even thinking about it, so I know I would suggest them.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 AM

i wouldn't call it my favorite, but mesmerized (hypnotist) was very good.. i had to see it twice to make sure it wasn't planted people in the audience and i believe that it wasnt

Old 04-03-2009, 12:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Has anyone seen Terry Fator? Is he worth the millions they paid him?

Las Vegas Entertainment - Terry Fator

IMHO the best shows are the big productions like all of the Cirque shows, Le Reve, and Blue Man Group, etc. Love may have been my favorite, but it's hard to decide. I've seen BMG, Love, Mystere, and Zumanity. Zumanity is really funny, with amazing acts that get pretty sexy, if you aren't a prude. Jersey Boys was a lot better than I expected, but I kept wondering if anyone under the age of 40 would appreciate it, although there were a lot of young people in the audience. I'd see it again.

If you've never seen a Parisian review in Las Vegas, go see Jubilee. You won't regret it and it's probably one of the best deals. I hated to see the Follies Bergere go away. Another example of fools coming to Las Vegas without knowing what works and letting us all know how smart they are by changing things that do work. Then when they lose it's Las Vegas' fault, not theirs.

Here's a good listing. I don't know if the deals are good but probably same prices as any. LasVegasShows.com

Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM

i read a review somewhere that he is ok, but not worth the $$

Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Wow, given all these show suggestions has probably left the OP with the original dilemma...which are the best shows in LV to see? As you can see, it's really up to personal taste, though some are mentioned repeatedly.

My suggestion...take the list with you and head to one of the 1/2 price Ticket Booths in about 4 places scattered throughout The Strip area. Fashion Mall and right outside Planet Hollywood are 2 that I know of (I believe they have a website.) Just find a ahow available that night, cross-reference it to the ones mentioned here, pay half-price for your tickets...and you're in!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 PM

252 posts, read 906,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Wow, given all these show suggestions has probably left the OP with the original dilemma...which are the best shows in LV to see? As you can see, it's really up to personal taste, though some are mentioned repeatedly.

My suggestion...take the list with you and head to one of the 1/2 price Ticket Booths in about 4 places scattered throughout The Strip area. Fashion Mall and right outside Planet Hollywood are 2 that I know of (I believe they have a website.) Just find a ahow available that night, cross-reference it to the ones mentioned here, pay half-price for your tickets...and you're in!
excellent suggestion!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 PM

71 posts, read 254,357 times
smartervegas dot com usually has some good deals too

Old 04-04-2009, 06:02 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,402 times
Quote:

Exactly, Wow is an understatement! I think I have heard some great suggestions though. Do you not need to pre purchase tickets ahead of time to make sure they are not sold out? Those 1/2price booths, is there a catch? Do u have to attend a timeshare or something? Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas