Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 10:28 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,081,484 times

Advertisements

I'm getting tired of skimming through craigslist and dont want to drive around all day on the rare occasion that I have a day off.

Im looking for higher end stuff (entire place is empty) without the high end prices.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 11:34 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,238 times
Colleen's Classic Consignment Furniture

We have bought several things from them.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:20 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
RC Willey...Lazy Boy...Walker Furniture, although I think you have to be choosey at Walker to find the good stuff.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 PM

23,848 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
RC Willey...Lazy Boy...Walker Furniture, although I think you have to be choosey at Walker to find the good stuff.
Some of what Walker has is made by Ashley, and can be found for less at an Ashley store. We're looking for something right now, and saw the same piece at both stores, but Ashley was $100 cheaper.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:28 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Kalbo had a great idea. I got some nice pieces there.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:30 PM

228 posts, read 554,925 times
Most nearly all of my furniture/furnishings/accessories I purchased from EQ3 (located in Town Square Plaza). Recommend them highly.

Very contemporary. Not inexpensive but not expensive.

Take a look at their website (www.eq3.com) if you have a chance- you can get an overall idea of the store.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:38 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
I totally agree with the recommendation for Colleens. I have previously shopped the furniture marts at High Point, N.C. and the quality and prices at Colleen's will blow them away any day. I might also add, since it is consignment, you may just stop in the day they have nothing that interests you but over a month or so, you should find what you are looking for.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Some of what Walker has is made by Ashley, and can be found for less at an Ashley store. We're looking for something right now, and saw the same piece at both stores, but Ashley was $100 cheaper.
also at ashleys.. hesitate a bit... complain about the price... and all of a sudden a $200 off coupon will appear.. also check the internet.. google ashley coupon..

we ended up NOT buying at ashleys... 1300 for an entertainment center with pressboard is ridiculous... but i was approved for the credit card from them so without the purchase, my credit score goes up

Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
Try if you can not to buy Ashley. Their line is always very trendy and will go out of style and look cheap in a few years plus, everything is very poorly made. If buying upholstered pieces, I have learned you can't go wrong with Flexsteel. They originally began by making the coil seats for cars and still today, Flexsteel is one company who still makes their couches with hand tied coil springs. They are so comfortable and last forever and the neat thing today is many of the good lines let you custom design your furniture by picking out the fabric you want it made up in. Saves a lot of time if you're hell bent on finding something like a striped red and purple couch. Even though stores like Ashley have things half the price, with them being shot in a few years, you end up much further ahead paying for the quality. If the fabric wears out or I change color schemes, I just pay to have it reupholstered and keep it forever. I also was told in chairs, most upholsterers do not want to work with anything other than Lazyboy. Good wood pieces are classic and can really cost. That's where I find some of the greatest buys at Colleen's; beautiful armoires, dining room sets, entertainment centers, pieces like that.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,081,484 times
Thanks for the info. I know what you mean about the cheap tuff. Last couch I purchased (still have) was $2300 about 8 years ago. If I conditioned the leather more than half a dozen times during that period I bet it wouldnt look like a worn out car seat. It's still comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas