Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:32 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,047,026 times

Advertisements

hockey - its always good to have a backup..... i do airbrush tattoos on the side for parties and corporate events.. hey it pays the bills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM

3 posts, read 5,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
How long did it take you to get one (or you still don't have one)? I'm thinking about doing this since I'm spinning my wheels where I'm at and seem to be going nowhere.
I have an airline industry and a travel agency background, which is transferable to a lot of service/tourism related jobs and a CDL license (I haven't had it for that long though). I'd be especially interested in hearing from those that have a background like mine.
Peace. Thanks.

I just moved here for a job and Ill tell you this, If you don't have one already lined up don't move here. I came here with about 6,000.00 Saved up because I read these threads all the time and I had the inside track on the job I was after. My Advice If you do move have enough money to cover at least 6 months. Hope this helped.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,264,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
my wife had 4 applications, 4 interviews, and 3 offers...of course she took one... she's in education......me on the other hand, nothing to write home about yet.... however, i do see as i apply, more are calling... i've had 3 interviews this week so far and one tomorrow...

one company, which i really want to work at.... i couldn't get the hr woman to even call me back after 3 wks of calling her... so i looked up online who the gm was and emailed him directly with my resume and some humor... i have an interview next week....
patience and persistance! the jobs are out there, its just a pain in the rump to get one
Like that. Rational nerve...the hr type will not like you but you have her number now...she will likely go out of her way to get you hired.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:59 AM

15 posts, read 62,598 times
Airics, i hate to keep callin you out but are you sayin that no hotel is hiring? Not even the ones "off" the strip? And do the hotel's have a certain time of the year that they hire or are they just at a standstill for now?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,168,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsidd View Post
Airics, i hate to keep callin you out but are you sayin that no hotel is hiring? Not even the ones "off" the strip? And do the hotel's have a certain time of the year that they hire or are they just at a standstill for now?
MOST hotels are not hiring except for positions that are dictated by law [security, survelliance ets]
There will be occassional exceptions...doesn't make a lota differance if it's ON or OFF the strip....the business does not warrant hiring if you don't absolutely have to....and the competition is TREMENDOUS.

the hiring will change when the economy changes....

Old 09-03-2009, 10:12 AM

762 posts, read 1,565,359 times
I can move my job with me so it makes it better for the economy in Vegas. I would never consider moving to any place in the world without a job lined up. Maybe if I was 21 and hotter than hell. Or stupid
I did move to CA in 1986 without a job or any money. That worked out for me and looking back I really have no idea how.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas