Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 24,345 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what type of drug testing method Caesar's Palace uses for employment?
Blood, urine, hair, saliva? I'm applying in the F&B dept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
probably hair and urine

Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 PM

250 posts, read 1,112,690 times
Why would it matter? Unless you're trying to cheat it?

Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndb3 View Post
Why would it matter? Unless you're trying to cheat it?
i was thinking the same thing... they will find out no matter what anyway....

Old 09-04-2009, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 24,345 times
I wouldn't ask unless I was trying to pass the test. Wow... tough forum. Can anyone help answer the question or will everyone else keep judging me?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:33 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
Qwest Diagnostics will watch you pee.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,846,184 times
My wife works at a Harrah's owned property (although it wasn't at the time she was hired). They took a hair test. Good luck passing that if you've partaken in the illicit substances within the last 6 months.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 PM

176 posts, read 510,473 times
Normally hair and urine but hair only goes back 3 months after that it gets distorted, and dont try shaving your head they will take any hair on your body as long as its a half an inch long.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:47 PM

515 posts, read 1,179,925 times
Drug tests are a real joke. They don't actually test for drugs, they are really just means tests.

Say the job pays $30K/yr and the drug test is the only thing standing in your way -- then it makes sense to spend at least a couple of grand on circumventing the test; and the higher the salary, the more it makes sense to spend on beating the test. When you are willing to spend that kind of money, there are all kinds of options. For example, you can hire someone who is clean and get them a fake-id in your name. A couple of grand will get you a really good fake-id, hell a couple of hundred will get you one that is good enough to fool the desk clerk at the test site. If you are lucky, you can find someone who looks enough like the picture on your id that they can just use the real one.
Or you can resort to simple bribery - you think the person who is supposed to watch you pee in a cup would be willing to be accidentally distracted for a few seconds in return for a couple of thousand dollars? Or how about mixing up a couple of samples so that some other schmcuk gets his name on your cup o' pee and vice versa? Plenty of options for a clever person with some money to spend. (I can't believe schmcuk is auto-censored here, wtf?)

Drug tests are more about testing if you are a good little drone than they are about the safety or security of the workplace. Will you jump through yet another arbitrary and pointless hoop in order to become part of the corporate hive? If you don't need a drug test in order to get a security clearance from the government (and you don't) then it seems really out of proportion for most any other job. The jobs were safety is important (heavy machinery operator, etc) ought to test for impairment not drug use - staying up all night and coming in to work with no sleep will make you 100x more of a safety risk then smoking a joint after dinner the night before would.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:39 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,846,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
Drug tests are a real joke. They don't actually test for drugs, they are really just means tests.

Say the job pays $30K/yr and the drug test is the only thing standing in your way -- then it makes sense to spend at least a couple of grand on circumventing the test; and the higher the salary, the more it makes sense to spend on beating the test. When you are willing to spend that kind of money, there are all kinds of options. For example, you can hire someone who is clean and get them a fake-id in your name. A couple of grand will get you a really good fake-id, hell a couple of hundred will get you one that is good enough to fool the desk clerk at the test site. If you are lucky, you can find someone who looks enough like the picture on your id that they can just use the real one.
Or you can resort to simple bribery - you think the person who is supposed to watch you pee in a cup would be willing to be accidentally distracted for a few seconds in return for a couple of thousand dollars? Or how about mixing up a couple of samples so that some other schmcuk gets his name on your cup o' pee and vice versa? Plenty of options for a clever person with some money to spend. (I can't believe schmcuk is auto-censored here, wtf?)

Drug tests are more about testing if you are a good little drone than they are about the safety or security of the workplace. Will you jump through yet another arbitrary and pointless hoop in order to become part of the corporate hive? If you don't need a drug test in order to get a security clearance from the government (and you don't) then it seems really out of proportion for most any other job. The jobs were safety is important (heavy machinery operator, etc) ought to test for impairment not drug use - staying up all night and coming in to work with no sleep will make you 100x more of a safety risk then smoking a joint after dinner the night before would.
No, not a drug test. A polygraph test. And they will likely ask about drug usage in detail dating back 10 years or more. Although I agree that impairment is more detrimental (just ask the DOT about OTR drivers that don't get enough sleep) than a couple of tokes after dinner or before bed, unfortunately MJ is still illegal in this country. As far as the corporate hive goes, well yeah. It's not a stretch to think that corporations want employees that will follow company policies. I don't see how that's a bad thing. Go to work, do your job, earn your money. You can still be an individual when you get home (individualism is a state of mind not a state of intoxication).

The rest of your post is pretty out there so without further ado:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas