Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:22 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
And if you rent in one of the apts that accept large dogs, they will charge monthly pet rent anywhere from $15 to $50 a month.
I always wonder why they don't charge kid rent, since kids destroy things much more than dogs or cats.
How true!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 11:43 AM

560 posts, read 2,188,267 times
The whole dog thing really depends on your landlord. We paid a $600 refundable pet deposit... as long as we provide a receipt showing that we had the carpets professionally cleaned upon moving out. Also, I strongly suggest trying to rent directly from an owner rather than a property management company....(I'm talking house rentals here) they are much more willing to work with you. We found that if we called homes represented by property management companies they either right away said NO PETS or asked for astronomical NON-REFUNDABLE pet deposits. Also, when looking for rentals don't be afraid to call the person and talk with them, some homeowners will be willing to lower the monthly rent if they feel they are getting a responsible tenant. We were paying $1800 a month for almost 3000 sq. ft. in Summerlin and recently negoitated a reduction to $1500 a month. We told our landlord that we knew we could find comparable for much less and showed them ads and they were willing to work with us to keep us from moving out. Of course, this is just our experience, I am sure there are probably some good prop. management companies, we just heard horror stories and decided from day one to avoid them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: