Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 AM

990 posts, read 1,658,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
In- n-out Burger has the best burgers i have ever had .its like having sex for the first time.
So sad to hear that. In-N-Out is mediocre at best.
I'm guessing that you have never had good sex yet.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,291,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
I agree. The Burger Bar has WAY better burgers than In-N-Out. Ditto for Fuddruckers.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:48 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,856,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Do you mean FIVE GUYS? They have some damn good filling burgers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
it's 5 guys!

Last time I was in Vegas I forgot to try In and Out. I must try it next time. I did enjoy Fat Burger, though
So what you're telling me is that it's called 5 guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
In & Out is great IMHO for a fast food burger joint with a drive thru.

White Castle has kind of nasty food IMHO. I never really understood the obsession people seem to have with it. Its like my friends obsession with Jack In The Box tacos. On some level she must realize that they are realistically NOT tacos.

Schoops (I think that's what it was called) back in the Midwest...their burgers were AWESOME...thanks, now I want one.

In & Out is great for the price though.
I am a fan of Jack in the Box tacos. I guess everyone is into at least one nasty processed food. I draw the line at McRib sandwiches though.

Quote:
Carl's Jr is much better.
Carl's Jr is very good, but I don't think it's better. Now, if they brought the California roast beef sandwich and the salad bar then I might change my tune.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,542,862 times
yep, Five Guys. JITB tacos are my absolute favorite. Can't speak for Carl's Jr....never been.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,542,862 times
Quote:
He might have had his wrapped to go. It's much better unwrapped.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:27 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,291,535 times
There is no hamburger place named 5 guys in Vegas. I looked up the name on google, as I have never heard the name at all, and I found a place by that name that exists in Virginia.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,489,663 times
Who knows what the heck is going on with Kilroy's? We went there last night for our weekly hamburger and the one on Buffalo is closed up, not a car in sight, parking lot lights out, graffiti on the side of the building. You call the phone number and the phone just rings and rings, no one answers

I loved their hamburgers!

We tried the new Cheeburger Cheeburger (South Rainbow Blvd) and it was pretty good.

It's similar to the Create a Burger place on West Lake Mead Blvd, endless ways to top your burger. The negative is that there was no choice of bun, Create a Burger, you can choose what kind of bread you want for the bun.

Endless toppings, 5 different sauces for dipping, fries and onion rings were fresh cut and delicious! Endless flavors/combos for milkshakes. No drive-thru though.

The whole place is done up like an old fashioned 50's diner, lots of families with kids in there. My favorite thing was the life size cardboard stand of the Three Stooges, very cute!

Cheeburger Cheeburger

Old 10-08-2009, 01:58 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,165,004 times
IN-N-OUT... Yum.

Someone on the last page said that they're popular because they're a fad. What fads do you know of that last over 30 years? I grew up in Southern California and IN-N-OUT has ALWAYS been very popular.

As for the sex references... Many people aren't aware that the owners are very religious... Don't believe me? Look at the inside of the ring on the bottom of any of their cups sometime. But, the sex references aren't exactly original, either. When I was in Jr. High, they were giving away bumper stickers that read:

IN-N-OUT
BURGER

People would cut off the "B" and "R" from BURGER and put them on their cars...

Someone else mentioned Tommy's. YUM. Double chili-cheese burger and a side of chili-cheese fries. Heart attack on a plate, but soooo good. I'm totally bummed that the only one in the valley is down by St Rose hospital (although, it's probably a good place for it ). They're supposed to be opening one near Craig & 95, but the economy may have put that on hold indefinitely - it was supposed to be open already, and they haven't even broken ground on it. The thing about Tommy's is that you HAVE to get it with the chili. By themselves, their burgers aren't very good, but the chili takes a mediocre burger and turns it into a great one.

Back to IN-N-OUT - for those of you who've tried them but don't like them, try one more, and order it "animal style." You might change your mind.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:43 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,349,022 times
5 guys is the equivalent of In-N-Out in terms of exclusivity. 5 guys only exists mainly in the DC area with some expansion into Jersey and the Carolinas whereas In-N-Out is more exclusive here on the west coast. 5 guys has been voted best burger in Washingtonian magazine for the last 20 years and is fantastic.

Biggest difference between the two is that 5 guys has buckets of shelled peanuts on the tables that you snack on while waiting for your food to be cooked. If anyone is familiar with Thrashers fries (served on boardwalks), those are the kind of fries that 5 guys uses, which are thicker with the skins left on (very yummy dipped in vinegar)

I've had both and they are very good. I prefer 5 guys mainly because of the fries. I've also had Tommy's which is on St. Rose Parkway next to the hospital, they are very good as well. Of course, YMMV.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:15 PM

307 posts, read 1,224,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
I had never heard of In- n-out Burger before I moved to Las Vegas.
They seem to be very popular and always busy.
More locations have opened up recently, one on Blue Diamond and one is set to open this month on N 5th St and Deer Springs in North Las Vegas.
I must say I like the burgers but are they not over rated?
I can say the same thing about White Castle in other parts of the country. Though they are both good IMO, what is all the hype about?
Very UNhealthy food. They have TONS and TONS of saturated and trans fats...tsk...tsk...tsk...For your health's sake, AVOID In-N-Out Burger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas