Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:29 PM

269 posts, read 976,985 times

Advertisements

Wife and I have been driving around Vegas scoping out areas that we might like to move to....not with a real estate agent yet, just some basic reconnaissance. It's obviously not hard to make a turn into any community and find for sale signs. Almost all of these have a place for a flier about the property but 95% of all these are empty!

Dear Realtors...fill these flier holders! When we did find the precious few that actually had fliers out it was like winning the lottery!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 04:45 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,951,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtigers View Post
Wife and I have been driving around Vegas scoping out areas that we might like to move to....not with a real estate agent yet, just some basic reconnaissance. It's obviously not hard to make a turn into any community and find for sale signs. Almost all of these have a place for a flier about the property but 95% of all these are empty!

Dear Realtors...fill these flier holders! When we did find the precious few that actually had fliers out it was like winning the lottery!

Driving around by yourselves maybe the way to look at properties, but you may be waiting your time by doing that. There is a large amount of homes in contingency 14,148 as of 12/2/2009 meaning that there accepted offers on the properties, not sold this is the first time that there is less properties available for sale. So you may not find fliers because the homes may be in contingency and the listing agent didn't feel the need to fill the boxes for that reason.

Driving around trying to figure out what neighborhood you want to live in is a great idea,however the way the market is you should find a realtor to set up your own personal MLS searches and use your time more wisely looking at properties that are available. Also unless your paying cash for a home you should get pre-approved for a loan most sellers won't even entertain an offer without either a pre-approval letter or a letter showing proof of funds. The sellers don't want to waist their time with unprepared buyers.

There are tons of cash buyers out here right now so having your ducks in a row will help to make the purchase to go a little easier. Also we are seeing from 40 to 125 offers on some properties so be prepared for competition.

Good luck in your search

Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 AM

296 posts, read 803,009 times
My pet peeve with real estate agents is having to put up with those who tell you how there are "tons of cash buyers out there" and that you should be prepared "for competition" which is generally their way of saying that nothing is selling.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
My irritant are all the real estate signs (in Las Vegas) that tell you to call a number, enter the ID number for more information on the property. Often, there is minimal or NO information on the property, no information on the asking price or anything useful. However, within five minutes, you have a call back from the Realtor.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:46 PM

124 posts, read 476,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane 3953 View Post
My pet peeve with real estate agents is having to put up with those who tell you how there are "tons of cash buyers out there" and that you should be prepared "for competition" which is generally their way of saying that nothing is selling.
Oh, but there are tons of cash buyers out there. What makes you think otherwise?

Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
My irritant are all the real estate signs (in Las Vegas) that tell you to call a number, enter the ID number for more information on the property. Often, there is minimal or NO information on the property, no information on the asking price or anything useful. However, within five minutes, you have a call back from the Realtor.
That's odd. Our system will give you the basics and the price after a while. I can intercept the call but we don't and few do. The Admiral may call later just to check that you got whatever you wanted and to provide someone to anwer questions...if any.

As to the boxes note that we are running a very active market loaded with REOs. The REO guys often dont even take pictures...and they don't need to. Note that we never put price on our flyers any way. You have to calll to get that. And the Admiral gets to do her one minute sales pitch.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Oh contrar my dear, properties are selling unfortunately the banks aren't responding in a timely matter. It's unfortunate that there are realtors that have caused folks like yourself to have such a disdain for realtors in general. There are good realtors out there that tell it like it is and don't try to jade the truth about what is really going on in our market.

What is the saying if one bad thing happens to someone they will tell 10 people and if something good happens they tell one. The same goes with working with any proffesional if you have one bad experience you will judge everyone from that proffession the same, and if you have a good experience with one proffesional in the same field you forget that not all are bad.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 AM

296 posts, read 803,009 times
Let me give you a bit of a tip, 007. I note you seem to have a problem with the words "proffesional" and "proffession". The correct spelling of these words is "profession" and "professional". This might help you in future in case you use the word in a letter or something and you want people to take you seriously and convince them that you are indeed a "professional".

Cheers.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Let me give you a bit of a tip, 007. I note you seem to have a problem with the words "proffesional" and "proffession". The correct spelling of these words is "profession" and "professional". This might help you in future in case you use the word in a letter or something and you want people to take you seriously and convince them that you are indeed a "professional".

Cheers.
Thank you for giving me this advice
Cheers

Old 12-07-2009, 04:13 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,377 times
For the record, my realtor did not show me properties that I did not qualify for because of the type of loan that I had, FHA. Why would she bother showing properties if I didn't qualify for those properties? Some properties don't accept VA/FHA or other loan types, and you won't know which ones do or don't because the realtors have that information. There are a lot of cash buyers out there, and I put offers in on at least 3 properties, only to find out someone paid cash for it, and even if my offer was more than the cash buyer, they got priority due to the limited paperwork involved with closing on that property. I put an offer in on a bank owned property by Bank of America, and they refused my 90K mortgage approval because they wanted me to get approved by their people, so yes it's a competitive market and very difficult to find places still available. The place I just moved into this weekend was on the market for one day, was a pre-approved short sale where the buyer backed out and I put an offer in the next day and started the paperwork. That was October 13th, I just moved in Thursday of last week.

Basically, cash buyers have priority over financed buyers. Sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas