Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I want to try the seafood buffet at the Rio. Just can make myself part with that much money for 1 meal. Even if I starved all day, I couldn't eat that much.
the bellagio is cheaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 02:01 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
And then there is my favorite buffet... Sweet Tomatoes. $10 a person and the food is fresh daily. But if you want meat, it may not be the place for you. (the collective you, not you airics.)

Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
What would you consider the difference at the buffets for you to determine good or great or terrible? Besides the obvious, terrible quality?
One of my criteria is the size of the boiled shrimp and whether it is "peel and eat" or just "eat." I hate having to peel the shrimp first.

And speaking of seafood, whether the buffet has a sushi station and whether they offer nigiri or just pre-made rolls.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
You should change your byline to "I'm crying, so deal with it!"

Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
One of my criteria is the size of the boiled shrimp and whether it is "peel and eat" or just "eat." I hate having to peel the shrimp first.

And speaking of seafood, whether the buffet has a sushi station and whether they offer nigiri or just pre-made rolls.
Couldn't agree with you more. Also the quality and cuts of meat offered. An interesting one being offered lately is short ribs. Most cooks know typically that is one of the cheapest cuts of meat, formerly being known as boiling beef, but some of the top chefs are now jazzing them up and putting an extremely high price on them. Paris's buffet with a lot of things in sauce and Rio's Seafood buffet just doesn't do it for me but Bellagio is right up there, IMHO.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM

450 posts, read 1,514,528 times
We went to the M on a Saturday night I believe and it was during the seafood buffet. We got in line around 430pm, not knowing it was a seafood buffet, but here's a tip...If you happen to go on a Saturday dress light! Holy Cow, it was like 95 degrees standing in that line! Everyone in line had water or drinks because it was so hot! Once inside though, we were fortunate enough to get a table with a view of the Strip. I thought the food selection was good, but not enough salad choices, possibly because it was a seafood buffet??? I'm not a big meat eater and hate seafood, but again, we had no idea it was the seafood buffet. They did offer 3 types of chicken though. I also like the free wine or beer with dinner!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

We went to Santa Fe for their seafood buffet and had to peel the shrimp...forget it...too much work! I am not a huge seafood fan, but the others were so I just had my BIL peel it all. He went crazy on the crab legs too, there's another pain just to get to that little bit of meat! But, overall, I think they had a decent selection of food for the price, and most of it was pretty good. I am sure if I went to one of the "better" ones, I would probably not go back!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:36 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Free food isn't that impressive. When they start giving away free gas cards, then I'll be impressed.

I went to the Eastside Cannery for the lunch buffet with my adoptive family the other day. We had 2fer's so it wasn't expensive. The food's good, and the soda/plate guy was pretty attentive. I was only able to eat a plate and a half. Hmmm...probably because I was in the hospital the day before. Stupid me ate one and a half cans of almonds, and it really did a number on me. ^_^;

Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM

255 posts, read 361,610 times
I guess if you like Asian food and seafood the M Buffet would be a good choice. However, If you are like me and like Italian you won’t find any at the M Buffet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas