Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,252 times

Advertisements

I got a kick out of this article, mostly because of all the consternation and commenting at the end.

Personally, I hope the guy gets a new benz.

In Spanish Trail, Rage and Railing - Business - ReviewJournal.com

MMOB, are you seeing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 PM

And I agree that whatever project they have undertaken, the perimeter of the community just doesn't look as good as it once did.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 PM

269 posts, read 976,916 times
Boo Hoo! I am so upset at this.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM

269 posts, read 976,916 times
I feel bad for Alex...I mean, his golf course view may be disrupted. Alex's house Too bad, he bought the house in 1990 so I guess he has negative equity now.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:35 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendrive View Post
I got a kick out of this article, mostly because of all the consternation and commenting at the end.

Thanks for the article. The only thing that I know about the asessment came in a telephone call that I made to the HOA the day before I made my offer on the house. I asked if any special assessments were planned, and was told that all the homeowners would be billed $3,300 in four $825 payments in March and September of 2010 and 2011. I was told that the assessment was to improve the gated entrances and some other work around the perimeter. As A result of that conversation, I specifically wrote into the contract that the sellers of the property were responsible for paying the entire $3,300 at closing.

On a related matter, it was interesting to learn that Greg Maddox and Randall Cunningham have or had lived there.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Thanks for the article. The only thing that I know about the asessment came in a telephone call that I made to the HOA the day before I made my offer on the house. I asked if any special assessments were planned, and was told that all the homeowners would be billed $3,300 in four $825 payments in March and September of 2010 and 2011. I was told that the assessment was to improve the gated entrances and some other work around the perimeter. As A result of that conversation, I specifically wrote into the contract that the sellers of the property were responsible for paying the entire $3,300 at closing.

On a related matter, it was interesting to learn that Greg Maddox and Randall Cunningham have or had lived there.
Spanish Trail has a lot of history. I worked for an Architect at one time that designed a lot of the custom homes there. Those were good times (I was still in high school!)

I'm not sure if you heard about Steve Wynn's daughter being kidnapped and held for ransom from her Spanish Trail home.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:03 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if you heard about Steve Wynn's daughter being kidnapped and held for ransom from her Spanish Trail home.
I've lived in major metropolitan areas for most of my life, so crime neither shocks nor surprises me. A senator's daughter was carjacked around the corner from where I currently live in downtown D.C. a couple of months ago. I lived in Miami during the time of the Mariel boat lift crime rave and the cocaine drug wars where shootouts in suburban shopping malls were almost routine. (Think Scarface). As a matter of fact, I worked in a federal prison back then and had to don a helmut, gas mask and billy club as part of an assault team to knock a few heads and quell riots every so often.

So I am no shrinking violet and I am under no pretense that I am moving to some guard-protected, crime-free mecca. I am moving to Spanish Trail because I like the community, I love the design of my house, and it feels a bit like an oasis in the middle of the desert. Not to mention that it is only 5.83 miles from the Strip.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 AM

57 posts, read 127,510 times
Quote:

Aww my heart bleeds for these twits... I imagine for most of them "roughing it" is being in a high end Hotel with no room service. Nothing like having more dollars than sense...

Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezy3k View Post
Nothing like having more dollars than sense...
I wish I knew what that was like. I still wouldn't want to be hit with a special assessment for a project I had no input to.

And don't be a hater because someone is successful.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
I liked this line from the article:

"Some homeowners say the board should have waited until the economy was stronger and residents are more financially secure before undertaking the project."

Ummm, yeah- let's wait until the economy improves, and then the $4.1 million project will cost $6.4 million when the contractors aren't so hungry. Then they'd be crying that they should have done the work while the economy was down so they would have gotten better pricing. Some people just look for things to complain about.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas