Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 10:08 AM

27 posts, read 72,144 times

Advertisements

We put in an offer on December 17th and it was accepted on December 19th.

We are putting 20% and have good credit and a good work history. We were required to put nine months of reserves in the bank.

We have been waiting for two months. Is this common?

We are suppose to close on Febuary 25th?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 10:29 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
No, not common although it does happen. I'm curious about the nine months of reserves, is this a jumbo loan? Is there any info about this loan that I am not aware of that might be complicating the process? What has your loan officer told you the hold up is?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:34 PM

We have to buy the house as a second home since we are currently in Minneapolis and do not have jobs in Vegas.

The nine months reserves were because we own three properties.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 PM

126 posts, read 269,335 times
I bought my house last year. Offer was accepted in May, closed in mid-August (would have probably been Sept if we did not push it). Delay mainly had to do with the escrow company.

Be sure to keep in steady contact with your realtor, and definately call the escrow company yourself as follow-up (the last week before closing, my wife ended up playing mediator between the escrow company and my loan officer.. escrow company kept saying they didnt have this or that...ugh). Turned out my loan officer changed from when I received my loan and closing, and the previous loan officer did not send the necessary documents to the escrow. That said, the escrow company also makes a difference. My house was under Harmony Escrow, which from what I have read is notorious for their slow transactions since they do most of the freddie mac/fannie may homes and have plenty of business.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:50 AM

418 posts, read 1,349,445 times
Depends on what kind of sale ..
After more than three months the sellers bank wanted 25% more than the originally "accepted" offer.
We declined.
We begin again.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:10 PM

58 posts, read 141,925 times
Consider yourself lucky. We are in escrow on a new home in Vegas that was built 4 years ago and supposedly never lived in. The builder did not give us any of our concessions and we still accepted because we liked the location and the house, etc. Since playing hardball and going into contract with us, the builder lowered the price by 100's of thousands on it's other remaining houses. One that was listed for a million is now $719K. We haven't closed yet and it just appraised for only $5000k over what we agreed to pay for it. We feel sooo ripped off! At least you get to start over. I believe as many others on this board do, that the Vegas housing market has not hit bottom yet and that prices are going to get lowered even more. Look at this as an opportunity to find something better.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:41 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom17 View Post
Consider yourself lucky. We are in escrow on a new home in Vegas that was built 4 years ago and supposedly never lived in. The builder did not give us any of our concessions and we still accepted because we liked the location and the house, etc. Since playing hardball and going into contract with us, the builder lowered the price by 100's of thousands on it's other remaining houses. One that was listed for a million is now $719K. We haven't closed yet and it just appraised for only $5000k over what we agreed to pay for it. We feel sooo ripped off! At least you get to start over. I believe as many others on this board do, that the Vegas housing market has not hit bottom yet and that prices are going to get lowered even more. Look at this as an opportunity to find something better.
YOu are actually doing pretty well. We often see appraisals well below list price.

If you like the house and location grin and bear it. If not hire a lawyer and escape.

YOu will be quite happy five years out I think .

Old 02-23-2010, 11:44 PM

58 posts, read 141,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu are actually doing pretty well. We often see appraisals well below list price.

If you like the house and location grin and bear it. If not hire a lawyer and escape.

YOu will be quite happy five years out I think .

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you are right!

Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 PM

Looks like the house might be ours!

We got the COE extended due to never recieving the HOA packet of rules and such.

We will will see!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: