Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Of course, I was also a bit of a fashion plate. I have a three-piece red suit with matching red shoes that I only wore twice a year: Valentine's Day & Christmas party day. I had a burnt orange suit with matching shoes that I would bring out for Halloween (with a black shirt) and Thanksgiving (burgundy shirt). I have a yellow suit that I wear with a lavender shirt and lavender shoes (!) around Easter.

Speaking of shoes, I have both lavender and purple shoes. How many men can say that? How many men would want to say yes? How many men even know the difference between purple and lavender, lol.
MadMan, if they bring the Pimp and Ho Ball back to Vegas, you'll be well prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 04:53 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Always split aces and eights....but NEVER split tens, unless you want to clear out the table.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:56 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
MadMan, if they bring the Pimp and Ho Ball back to Vegas, you'll be well prepared.
I went to a Pimp & Ho themed party back in D.C. a couple of years ago. I did, in fact, wear the red suit & shoes, with the added touch fo using my wife's degrade (?) fur coat as an overcoat. The only thing that I was missing was Kramer's walking stick!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:21 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
That is the California rule. Not true in Nevada.

In Nevada pedestrians have the RofW only at intersections where there is always an implied crosswalk.
Huh, uhhhhhhhhh.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl4 View Post
Buzz, Great tip on the house key when you leave your car in valet/ballet..lol Never thought about that before, considering most of your address information is in your car somewhere. Good tip!
When Oscar's favorite client, Tony Spilotro and the Hole in The Wall Gang were working Las Vegas, they had valets at the Mob hang out restaurants like Villa de Este, The Flame, and the Tower of Pizza, who would make a copy of the guy's house key, and call in Tony's boys to rob him while they were having dinner. But they didn't really need a key. They got their name from using a sledge hammer to make a hole in the side of a guy's house so they could crawl through. In a stucco house that's really easy. So maybe you should take all your address info out of the car when you leave it with a valet. Of course, if I show up in my old Saturn they might figure I don't have anything worth stealing...and they'd be right. Maybe they'd come and leave me something nice.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I went to a Pimp & Ho themed party back in D.C. a couple of years ago. I did, in fact, wear the red suit & shoes, with the added touch fo using my wife's degrade (?) fur coat as an overcoat. The only thing that I was missing was Kramer's walking stick!
That's classic. A good number of years ago I was coerced to attend a Halloween party that I was entirely unprepared for. All the local theatrical supply and costume shops had been picked clean. As a last ditch effort, at the suggestion of my then girlfriend, I went to a thrift shop to pick up something/anything I might be able to wear as a costume. Much to her dismay, I came back home with a beautiful powder blue leisure suit. To this day it remains one of my favorite "costumes" of all time!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
hey now, don't be making fun of a powder blue leisure suit! some of us, might have been computer geeks a few years back playing "Leisure Suit Larry"

Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 AM

23 posts, read 55,150 times
swing by the double sown saloon for a beer or a cup of their "feature" ***** juice!

great spot that many dont find for far too long if you like dive bars and loud rock music....

new to any place, Yelp is your best friend!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:02 AM

460 posts, read 988,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
So maybe you should take all your address info out of the car when you leave it with a valet.
This got to be a problem at the employees parking lot, at the airport I used to fly out of. The crooks knew that pilots and flight attendants traveled for several days at a time. They would simply watch someone park their car (from the adjacent apartment complex), and then break into it later. They would steal the car, go the address on the registration, and then rob the house. No one in the neighborhood was suspicious, because that particular car belonged at that house. Talk about taking a double hit.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchaynes View Post
new to any place, Yelp is your best friend!

Yep! (Or should that be Yelp! )

I love Yelp. As I've been driving around the city, whenever I pass an interesting looking or sounding restaurant I make a mental note of its name, and then check the reviews on Yelp before making a decision whether to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas