Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:41 AM

201 posts, read 964,326 times

Advertisements

Shouldn't RWF just have his/her own sub forum at this point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 12:02 PM

22 posts, read 84,065 times
As much time as RWF spends here it is obvious RWF still wishes they lived in Vegas. Its hard to let go I guess.

Maybe things will work out and RWF will be able to move back and not be stuck in Florida so close to the crime.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Maybe things will work out and RWF will be able to move back and not be stuck in Florida so close to the crime.
LOL...nah, we don't want ms.negative back, will bring down property values.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:31 AM

210 posts, read 821,437 times
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the help!

Olecapt, Lola Granola was the name of Opus's girlfriend in the latter days of the old Bloom County comic strip. Glad you enjoy it. ;-)

Would 89113 be ok? It's right in between 89139 and 89148, so does it have a similar crime index? I just found a listing that looks good...

Thanks so much,

Old 06-16-2007, 02:45 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,686,340 times
if you know the address, you could put it in CrimeView Community Incident Map and check it for yourself...

i would say that crime is low in 89113, but recently a couple gangs in that area has hit the news for attacking the unsuspected...its not much of gangs attacking other gangs, but gangs attacking random ppl they see at the ATM, parking lots, etc...its really something that I wouldn't worry too hard about, because these kids are new to the game and the police seems to be really good at catching them...

Old 06-16-2007, 03:05 PM

Thanks for the link... I tried the address, but their computer doesn't seem to recognize the street (I tried the address & the cross streets). I'll have to play with mapquest and see if I can get some close streets that show up ok on the crimeview.

But gangs are no good... I'll look further south...

I appreciate the info.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
Thanks for the link... I tried the address, but their computer doesn't seem to recognize the street (I tried the address & the cross streets). I'll have to play with mapquest and see if I can get some close streets that show up ok on the crimeview.

But gangs are no good... I'll look further south...

I appreciate the info.
89113 is OK. The portion south of 215 is just fine. The portion inside the 215 is still pretty good but a little more urban.

"Gangs" using the Metro definition exist everywhere. That is four or more teenage boys who run around together. There are no gangs in the sense of an "ongoing criminal enterprise" in 89113 or nearby.

The Crimeview site is notoriously finacky about how the street is described. You have to get it right. It maybe the street, (Jones), or the street and its designation, (Jones Blvd) or (Jones Boulevard). It is not consistent and you have to ask for the version it wants...then it will work. The nearest cross streets will also work. Best shot at finding the likely format is ...

OpenWeb Info Mapper

enter the address and you will find your way to a map that shows the address and nearby. Note the street callout and try it and similar. Also provide you with an aerial photo of the place that is reasonably up to date.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Thanks, Olecapt. The specific property I was looking at is just inside 215, and I did manage to get a set of cross streets into Crimeview. The immediate area is crime free, but the fringes to the east start showing problems.

Thanks for the link.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,534 times
amazing thread... entertaining. wonder if it has helped?

i worked five months in vegas (Hughes Int'l Park) and lived
in henderson. west horizon ridge area (only 7.1 miles away,
east across to s. eastern ave, north to warm springs (avoid
the 215 during rush hours). north on paradise.

kids moved out, so no idea about schools. that area fairly new
and well manicured. quick to get to the strip if you ever want
to... great location. out of the way, out the traffic. quite nights.

just my two cents. with no axe to grind.

-jeffk

Old 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,686,340 times
are you kidding me? South Eastern has some of the highest traffic in town, i lived in that area even before most of Anthem was developed and it was pretty bad then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas