Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 04:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,296 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! We are a young family living in Ukraine, Kharkiv city, with communication that is happening in the country want to come live in the U.S. how much help you need and where to start, I'm 34 an ode to his wife 28 child almost 2 years, they want a good future for a long time and wanted to move in the U.S., like your culture, movies, people and their relationship to neighbors....We will be grateful to any help...Forgive for language, I translated by means of the translator

Last edited by Hi Ukraine; 03-14-2014 at 05:27 AM..

Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 AM

395 posts, read 547,253 times
Hi, I wish I could help you, but you might wish to move this question to Legal Immigration. This section is about the problem of Illegal Immigration. You will find Legal Immigration higher up on the main forums menu.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:32 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,856,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
Hi, I wish I could help you, but you might wish to move this question to Legal Immigration. This section is about the problem of Illegal Immigration. You will find Legal Immigration higher up on the main forums menu.
In reality, you just "Report" that it needs to be moved, I think the OP was mainly keying off the word "immigration", and can't determine the nuances (both in language and local knowledge) otherwise. Without a relationship to a U.S. citizen, or a proper employment sponsor, illegal immigration would likely be the only recourse left to them. Desire alone doesn't do it.

So the topic might actually be appropriately placed after all...

Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
In reality, you just "Report" that it needs to be moved, I think the OP was mainly keying off the word "immigration", and can't determine the nuances (both in language and local knowledge) otherwise. Without a relationship to a U.S. citizen, or a proper employment sponsor, illegal immigration would likely be the only recourse left to them. Desire alone doesn't do it.

So the topic might actually be appropriately placed after all...

How many other countries just allow millions to waltz on over that have zero job skills, inability to ever learn the country's language and no relatives to sponsor them (but dozens of relatives who plan to join them here)?

We should look at smarter country's immigration laws. Mexico's for example.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:44 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,935,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How many other countries just allow millions to waltz on over that have zero job skills, inability to ever learn the country's language and no relatives to sponsor them (but dozens of relatives who plan to join them here)?

We should look at smarter country's immigration laws. Mexico's for example.
Malamute, you're making a heck of a lot of assumptions about the OP's abilities, skills, and talents. This person is inquiring about requirements for living a better life in a more peaceful environment in which to raise their children. Nowhere does he indicate that he wants to bring his family here illegally.

BTW, what brought your own ancestral family to America? Did they speak English? How were their job skills? Did they have any relatives already in place to sponsor them?

Hi Ukraine, you'd need an American citizen to sponsor you and your family, and you'd also need a green card to work in the U.S. as a legal alien. Good luck to you - I am praying for peace and justice for your country.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You're making a heck of a lot of assumptions about the OP's abilities, skills, and talents. This person is inquiring about requirements for living a better life in a more peaceful environment in which to raise their children. Nowhere does he indicate that he wants to bring his family here illegally.

BTW, what brought your own ancestral family to America? Did they speak English? How were their job skills? Did they have any relatives already in place to sponsor them?

Hi Ukraine, you'd need an American citizen to sponsor you and your family, and you'd also need a green card to work in the U.S. as a legal alien. Good luck to you - I am praying for peace and justice for your country.
The OP was already referred to the legal immigration forum --- I agree with him coming legally --- I was referring to IBMuseum's assumptions that only the USA has any sort of immigration laws and requirements, even suggesting the OP might have to resort to breaking the laws. Like so many millions are doing.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Malamute, you're making a heck of a lot of assumptions about the OP's abilities, skills, and talents. This person is inquiring about requirements for living a better life in a more peaceful environment in which to raise their children. Nowhere does he indicate that he wants to bring his family here illegally.

My ancestors came completely legally -- just like millions have done and do. Not a single one of my ancestors was ever on Medicaid, food stamps or other welfare handouts. Now many illegals come here to have the babies they couldn't afford back home and certainly can't afford here because it's a way to beat the immigration laws and requirements and get generous government handouts.

All immigrants should be sponsored -- someone should agree to provide ALL their financial support and no immigrant should ever be a taxpayer burden. The sponsorship requirements should be increased -- permanent financial responsibility, no SSI, no food stamps, no HUD housing and not some short 5 year limit on the responsibility for the sponsor to provide for his or her immigrants. The sponsor should be required to provide all his/her immigrants with a solid health insurance plan and pay all other medical bills. You want them, you pay for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration