Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,847 times

Advertisements

I married my NRI husband 3 years ago and was taken to USA. From the time of my marriage I've been harassed mentally. He applied for my Green card adjustment of status two years ago. We got our EAD in DEC 2012. All the time the documents have been in his custody and I was never let to have any access to any of the documents or to the email to check the status. We came to India in April for a 3 week trip but my husband said he cancelled the tickets the previous day we were supposed to travel back. When I asked why he did so without informing me, he said his father asked us to stay back for some more time. 2 more weeks passed and he said I can spend some time in my aunt's house with my cousins. Happily I came but to my surprise he's fled back to USA with all my documents, and the family members were absconding for a week without informing me and also my husband has not shown the responsibility even to pick my calls or to respond to my mail. Situation is My Green card is under process and it may get current anytime near soon. My passport has the AP stamp till December and EAD card and the AP approval notice are not with me.
1. What would be the consequence if I am unable to be in the USA at the time of approval of GC?
2. Can I reach US only with my passport and no other document?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,375 times
Is there an US embassy you can go to for information? Just because your husband physically has your documents, does not mean they aren't still valid. Sounds like you still have your passport with you? You should be able to get back to the states (that sounds like what you want to do?) and then contact an attorney immediately regarding your husband's actions and you future.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,847 times
Hi Sabinerose, I have my passport thankfully and it has Parole stamp till Dec 2014
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration