Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,355,688 times

Advertisements

got my biometrics notice yesterday, and because of the rejection notice i got for my AP last week (because of fee error, which is weird since both my I485 and EAD filings got through on the same check payment), the AP filing receipt number is not included in the biometrics notice.

questions:
1. i just sent back yesterday to my lawyer the new signed AP application form for them to re-file for it. should i wait for uscis to clear that instead of going to the scheduled biometrics appointment so that uscis could send a new biometrics notice to include the AP receipt number?

2. or reschedule the appointment myself (as is allotted in the notice)?

3. or go to the scheduled appointment, and wait for another appointment for the AP filing?

the thing is, my nearest ACS is two hours away, so i have to take PTO just to go to the center for the appointment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 06:33 PM

282 posts, read 444,574 times
Something's not right here. If you have an attorney, check with him/her.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM

832 posts, read 1,418,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
got my biometrics notice yesterday, and because of the rejection notice i got for my AP last week (because of fee error, which is weird since both my I485 and EAD filings got through on the same check payment), the AP filing receipt number is not included in the biometrics notice.

questions:
1. i just sent back yesterday to my lawyer the new signed AP application form for them to re-file for it. should i wait for uscis to clear that instead of going to the scheduled biometrics appointment so that uscis could send a new biometrics notice to include the AP receipt number?

2. or reschedule the appointment myself (as is allotted in the notice)?

3. or go to the scheduled appointment, and wait for another appointment for the AP filing?

the thing is, my nearest ACS is two hours away, so i have to take PTO just to go to the center for the appointment
Are you sure you understand what you're filing for? Look at your current EAD. If it says I-512 on the bottom, you don't need AP until that expires. If it doesn't say I-512, there is no fee for the AP. You submit a copy of the pending 485.

Go to your biometrics so they're loaded for whatever happens in the future, be it approval of the 485 or 512 or 766.

As an aside note, I hope you're not paying for your lawyer yourself and that your company is paying for his services because you seem to post a lot of questions here that any half-experienced immigration attorney could answer for you in seconds.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
Are you sure you understand what you're filing for? Look at your current EAD. If it says I-512 on the bottom, you don't need AP until that expires. If it doesn't say I-512, there is no fee for the AP. You submit a copy of the pending 485.

Go to your biometrics so they're loaded for whatever happens in the future, be it approval of the 485 or 512 or 766.

As an aside note, I hope you're not paying for your lawyer yourself and that your company is paying for his services because you seem to post a lot of questions here that any half-experienced immigration attorney could answer for you in seconds.
I DONT HAVE EAD YET. i just got the biometrics notice, which had the receipt numbers for the I485 and EAD applications. yes, i know there's no fee for the AP filing (and neither has the EAD filing), but i don't know why i got the rejection notice from USCIS about the AP filing fee not correct when the I485 and EAD filings went through.

and i'm not paying the lawyer. the company is paying for their services.

and i ask questions to get input from people WHO MIGHT HAVE EXPERIENCED SUCH SITUATIONS that the lawyer themselves might not have encountered. IS IT WRONG TO GO ABOUT IN THE FORUMS TO DO SUCH?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:19 AM

832 posts, read 1,418,448 times
Quote:
I DONT HAVE EAD YET. i just got the biometrics notice, which had the receipt numbers for the I485 and EAD applications. yes, i know there's no fee for the AP filing (and neither has the EAD filing), but i don't know why i got the rejection notice from USCIS about the AP filing fee not correct when the I485 and EAD filings went through.

and i'm not paying the lawyer. the company is paying for their services.

and i ask questions to get input from people WHO MIGHT HAVE EXPERIENCED SUCH SITUATIONS that the lawyer themselves might not have encountered. IS IT WRONG TO GO ABOUT IN THE FORUMS TO DO SUCH?
No it's not wrong.

But internet shouting is.

Relax.

Neither you or your situation is unique.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
if you don't have anything helpful to add except for passing on judgment and snark, then put your mouth to work elsewhere.
You'll likely find the whole process a lot easier if you quieten down and allow the process to work instead of jumping up and down defensively at every ill-perceived delay and insult.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You'll likely find the whole process a lot easier if you quieten down and allow the process to work instead of jumping up and down defensively at every ill-perceived delay and insult.
i'm not trying to be impatient about the whole process. i'm even grateful that my second stage of the GC process went by quickly--in just a month compared to most other applicants' 4 months or more. i just want to make sure that nothing is going to go wrong in my applications--especially since i'm now on my last stage of the GC process. i know it's gonna take time, and i completely understand that.

it's not like i'm asking "how long will it take to get my I485 approved?" i'm just asking anyone who might have experienced such a glitch as i think it's not common thing to happen, basing on other applicants' experiences in another immigration forum. my "half-experienced" lawyer has not encountered such an event, and that's why i'm here to ask about it.

is it wrong to ask questions to ensure the accuracy of my applications or the steps i'm taking?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:34 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:

is it wrong to ask questions to ensure the accuracy of my applications or the steps i'm taking?
Not at all, as long as you understand that nobody who contributes to this forum is an immigration expert/lawyer and if you feel that someone has misunderstood what you're trying to ask, respond politely and quietly. Or not at all if you feel the need to explode! Everybody's experience is different and, as has been said already, the immigration attorney who's working on your behalf is the person best qualified to answer the specific questions you've posted. Good luck and be patient!

Old 09-07-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Not at all, as long as you understand that nobody who contributes to this forum is an immigration expert/lawyer and if you feel that someone has misunderstood what you're trying to ask, respond politely and quietly. Or not at all if you feel the need to explode! Everybody's experience is different and, as has been said already, the immigration attorney who's working on your behalf is the person best qualified to answer the specific questions you've posted. Good luck and be patient!
it's funny you say that, when the other person already told me or my situation off as being nothing unique. but anyway, i agree with you that everyone's can be different from one another, even though there can be some things that can be expected/predicted of such situations.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,262 times
HI STT Resident. I am currently in the BVI. Does the ASC in STT do biometrics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration