Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 11:28 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,038,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Coastal---I get it. You don't care and are for open borders. Hey, an illegal never personally attacked or robbed you so you think that they should just be allowed to stay here in violation of our laws. Just because YOU hate the fact that we have immigration laws (as does every country in the world), does NOT give anyone the right to squat in any country. What other laws do you refuse to obey because you hate them?
I don't even know what half of the laws are in this country, and neither do you. We are so over-regulated in every facet of our existence that the average American commits three felonies a day without even realizing it! I'm not just in favor of open borders, I'm in favor of an absolute, universal right of every individual to be left alone, to have absolutely nothing to do with any authority, ever, unless they violate the safety or property of another.

Quote:
As for someone who couldn't find enough Americans to take jobs---I call BS on that. Back when ICE was allowed to do raids, Americans would line up that very same day to apply for those jobs.
And I call BS on your calling of BS. This company will hire just about anyone with a pulse—they're so desperate for help—and they still can't keep enough staff on hand.

Quote:
Illegal immigration should be your business. I'm guessing that you don't have kids so you don't give a hoot about what the future will hold for them if we don't do something about this problem.

Gee---what a wonderful, caring person you are---NOT!
I care about people, regardless of where they came from. Whether someone is American, French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Mexican, Cuban, Swedish, German, Kenyan, Canadian, &c. I don't think anyone should be treated better than anyone else just because they hold one nationality over another.

Quote:
Finally, illegal immigration is NOT a victimless crime. It affects each and everyone of us. Talk to those who have been victims of ID theft by illegals Talk to those who discovered scores of illegals using their SSN. Talk to those who lost loved ones at the hands of illegals. In fact, so many native-born Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals, that the Puerto Rican government had to take the unprecedented step of declaring all PR-issued birth certificates null and void. Now, when native-born Puerto Ricans need a copy of their birth certificate, they have to jump through many hoops to get a certified and secured copy. And you still think that illegal immigration is a "victimless crime."?

You are really clueless.
You start off making a statement that illegal immigration is not victimless, and then talk all about ID theft. ID theft is, of course, not victimless, but ID theft is not illegal immigration and illegal immigration is not ID theft. Your mere presence within a country not your own victimizes no one. If that mere presence were not criminalized, you also eliminate a lot of the motivation for such ID thefts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 05:21 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,808,494 times
Illegal immigrant affects every one of us for many reasons. We lived on Ling Island and saw lot of it. From the schools that the kids enrolled had 50% non english speaking children ; now, that would hold our legal children back as the teachers need to make sure these kids understand things. One american friend of mine had to wait an extra year for her child to get a hearing amplifier because the school had to make sure it would be equal to most other children's in his class.
Children in that school would complain because the illegal children were boasting that they didn't need a drivers license or insurance to drive. Meanwhile law abiding children were trying to do their best.

I myself suffered at the squatters who were in my house for a few weeks.

Then suffered as the house was for sale and the copper piping was stolen. The house was located in a neighborhood known for illegal people, living in make shift tent cities in the woods.

Hospitals ; when illegal people go to the hospitals for the flue or something else ; many times they give a false name and never pay the fees. That is one reason for the huge healthcare prices.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:44 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times
Not me because they all are here already and not going to leave (I am sure everyone agrees with this) so what's the point of keeping their status as illegal. I say secure the border and I don't know why that can't be done.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:48 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
see still none speaks about the root of the problem- employers- so until you so- the rest is all gibberish --so accept what will be

Old 11-30-2014, 07:18 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
see still none speaks about the root of the problem- employers- so until you so- the rest is all gibberish --so accept what will be
Where have you been? People talk about the employers all the time. Some employers try to do the right thing and use E-verify. However, it needs to be tweaked to better catch cheaters and yet the dems fight tooth and nail to not let this happen. Then, there are those who refuse to use E-verify and do the whole wink and nod.

Obama stopped ICE from doing raids. Plus, fines for employers don't really have teeth in them---which is wrong.

E-Verify needs to be the law of the land and needs to be tweaked to weed out cheats. Fines for employers need to be greatly increased.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:34 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Coastal writes:

And I call BS on your calling of BS. This company will hire just about anyone with a pulse—they're so desperate for help—and they still can't keep enough staff on hand.

-------------------
Nope. You have no business calling BS. Next time, before doing that, do some research.

'Jobs Americans Won't Do' Meme Takes Another Hit in Mississippi

There are more stories in a similar vein. If you took the time to look, you will see them.
------------------
There you go again---trying to blur the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. Once again---there is a big difference between the two---and even you have to know this. Instead, you insist on trying to spin things:

I care about people, regardless of where they came from. Whether someone is American, French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Mexican, Cuban, Swedish, German, Kenyan, Canadian, &c. I don't think anyone should be treated better than anyone else just because they hold one nationality over another.

Who says legal immigrants are treated differently due to their ethnicity? I haven't seen anyone say this about legal immigrants. After all, legal immigrants have every right to be here. Illegal aliens have no business being here and need to leave. Got it?

--------------------
Then you disingenuously try to claim that illegal immigration is a victimless crime by splitting hairs. You know darn well in order to survive, illegals need to work. And in order to work, it leads to committing even more crimes. They either engage in ID theft or use a fake SSN or they get paid under the table which leads to tax evasion.

Do you know any illegals who don't hold a job? Who supports them? Each one has independently wealthy relatives?

-------------------------

Take the time to educate yourself about this issue. If you insist on staying willfully ignorant, then that's your problem. If you insist on not caring about the rule of law and prefer anarchy, I suggest that you move to some lawless place.

Now, I'm done with you.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:48 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,038,722 times
Quote:
Coastal writes:

-------------------
Nope. You have no business calling BS. Next time, before doing that, do some research.

'Jobs Americans Won't Do' Meme Takes Another Hit in Mississippi
Your cite is meaningless in face of the absolute fact that my employer does not have enough people, and often must either run shorthanded or shut down production lines. Since I actually work at the place, and you don't, I'd say I have a bit more knowledge of the situation than you do. Unless you're claiming to have some psychic intuition that makes you privy to some information that those of us who have worked in an industry for years don't have available to us, I stand by my calling of BS on your calling of BS.

I've seen it time after time after time. People apply, are hired and trained, work a week or two, and quit without even giving notice. I've seen many leave not even half-way through their first day! My employer is not unreasonable, but he does expect an honest day's work for a day's pay. The jobs, however, are hard, repetitive manual labor; young people don't want to do them these days, and old people often can't do them. There are opportunities to advance, but you have to stick around more than a week to see them.

Quote:
Now, I'm done with you.
I had a whole lot more responses typed out, but perhaps it's best to leave it here, and we'll just agree to disagree. You're pretty set in your opinion, and I'm set in mine, so any further arguing is just pointless.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:13 PM

335 posts, read 424,311 times
As a child of legal immigrants, I don't think it's fair of illegals to skip the line and ignore the rules. It cheapens the process.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Where have you been? People talk about the employers all the time. Some employers try to do the right thing and use E-verify. However, it needs to be tweaked to better catch cheaters and yet the dems fight tooth and nail to not let this happen. Then, there are those who refuse to use E-verify and do the whole wink and nod.

Obama stopped ICE from doing raids. Plus, fines for employers don't really have teeth in them---which is wrong.

E-Verify needs to be the law of the land and needs to be tweaked to weed out cheats. Fines for employers need to be greatly increased.
yes, I know you and only a few more have discussed what is apparent.., but politically they do NOT hold anyone accountable- because of politics do they pull BACK and negotiate the penalties - FACT
to me the problem is GREED

Old 12-03-2014, 05:26 PM

end result-would have been for employers to be forced to pay the correct wage and employers should pay for the darn INS paperwork for season workers, as they used to--2- the IRS needs to crack the whip on verifying social security numbers when 2 pop up with the same number-3- and last the immigration timing is ridiculous - You approve pop to come work - and then 10 yrs later, you approve the child but not the mom.. or vise versa-- our very basic make up is the family--- yours mine.. we all fight for our family- rather less approved and more families come together and 4--the border-- long as drugs get in-- all else will too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration